ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, August 20, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

BREAKING: House of Reps Launches Probe into Billions Spent on Nigeria’s Refineries

Whingan cited industrialist Aliko Dangote’s recent claim that over $18 billion had been spent on reviving the refineries with little to show for it, describing the situation as a “gross misuse of public funds and a betrayal of public trust.”

by NewsOnline Nigeria
October 9, 2025
in Crime Watch, Headline
0
NNPCL

NNPCL CEO Bayo Ojulari

House of Reps has launched probe into billions spent on Nigeria’s refineries by NNPC.

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the House of Representatives has ordered an investigation into the billions of dollars reportedly spent on the rehabilitation of Nigeria’s moribund refineries in Port Harcourt, Warri, and Kaduna.

The decision followed a motion moved on Thursday by Lagos lawmaker, Hon. Sesi Whingan, during plenary. The motion, which gained overwhelming support, questioned why the refineries remain non-functional after more than two decades of rehabilitation efforts.

ALSO: APC Disqualifies Kayode Ojo from Ekiti Governorship Primary

Whingan cited industrialist Aliko Dangote’s recent claim that over $18 billion had been spent on reviving the refineries with little to show for it, describing the situation as a “gross misuse of public funds and a betrayal of public trust.”

He urged the House to probe the utilisation of funds, assess the progress of rehabilitation projects, and expose any cases of mismanagement or corruption.

The probe comes amid public frustration over Nigeria’s continued fuel importation despite massive investments in refinery repairs.

Recall that in 2021, the Federal Government approved $1.5 billion for the Port Harcourt refinery and another $1.48 billion for the Warri and Kaduna refineries. The NNPC had announced in 2024 that crude processing had resumed in Port Harcourt, but the plant was later shut down for maintenance, while the Warri and Kaduna refineries remain under rehabilitation.

In July 2025, NNPCL’s Group CEO, Bayo Ojulari, hinted that the company was considering selling the refineries, citing complications in the ongoing rehabilitation process.

The House is expected to summon key stakeholders and agencies involved in the projects as part of its probe.

Previous Post

BREAKING: APC Disqualifies Kayode Ojo from Ekiti Governorship Primary

Next Post

Omah Lay Says Nigerian Music Industry Is Losing Its Spark

Next Post

Omah Lay Says Nigerian Music Industry Is Losing Its Spark

Trending Stories

NNPCL

BREAKING: House of Reps Launches Probe into Billions Spent on Nigeria’s Refineries

Ann Mbene, founder and weight loss consultant at HueBeautyGlam

Ann Mbene On Breaking The Weight Loss Stigma in Nigeria

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

Abel Enitan

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service of the Federation

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

NELFUND Student Loans

Tinubu Directs EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends to Fund NELFUND Student Loans

Onaiyekan

Onaiyekan Defies Presidency, Says ‘I’m Not Afraid of Anybody’ Over Tinubu Meeting Remarks

Osasikemwen Ighile

Five Practical Holiday Saving Habits for Nigerian Households By Osasikemwen Ighile

JAMB Past Questions

Download JAMB Past Questions & Answers PDF From 1983 Till Date [All Subjects]

Latest Stories

NELFUND Student Loans

Tinubu Directs EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends to Fund NELFUND Student Loans

Onaiyekan

Onaiyekan Defies Presidency, Says ‘I’m Not Afraid of Anybody’ Over Tinubu Meeting Remarks

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

South Africa

BREAKING: FG Orders South Africa to End Xenophobic Attacks Against Nigerians

Abel Enitan

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service of the Federation

Osasikemwen Ighile

Five Practical Holiday Saving Habits for Nigerian Households By Osasikemwen Ighile

Ann Mbene, founder and weight loss consultant at HueBeautyGlam

Ann Mbene On Breaking The Weight Loss Stigma in Nigeria

Zenith Bank

Zenith Bank Hosts 10th Non-Oil Export Seminar August 25, Unveils Global Speakers

US Judge

BREAKING: US Judge Sets August 21 Deadline in Tinubu Records FOIA Case

FCT Minister Wike

FCT Minister Wike Reveals Why Adeleke Won Osun Governorship Election

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria