ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Economy And Business

BREAKING: Hopes Dashed As FG Stops Sale of 50kg Rice For N40k

The circular which was directed to the Directors and Heads of Departments, said the initial circular ordering the sales of the N40,000 bag of rice is hereby withdrawn.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
August 8, 2024
in Economy And Business, Headline
0
Sale of 50kg Rice For N40k

Hopes have been dashed as FG has stopped plans to sell 50kg rice for N40k to all civil servants.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that President Bola Tinubu’s federal government has halted the plan to the sell subsidized 50-kilogram (kg) bags of rice to public servants priced at N40,000.

 

This is contained in a circular titled, “Withdrawal of internal circular on sale of subsidized rice to public servants”, and signed by the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Affairs Human Resources Management Department.

 

ALSO: Top Former PDP Governor Suspended For Working For APC (PHOTO)

 

The circular which was directed to the Directors and Heads of Departments, said the initial circular ordering the sales of the N40,000 bag of rice is hereby withdrawn.

There was no reason given in the circular for halting the plan.

“I am directed to refer to our internal circular in the Ministry (Federal Ministry of Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Affairs) of 1st August, 2024 on the above subject matter and to inform you that the Internal Circular is hereby withdrawn. Further details will be communicated in due course.

 

“Please bring the contents of this internal circular to the attention of staff in your respective Departments and Units for their information and proper guidance,” the letter read.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria recalls that following an earlier announcement by the Minister of Information, Idris Mohammed, that the federal government is planning to sell 50kg rice for N40,000, the Ministry of Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Affairs Human Resources Management Department asked civil servants to register for the sale of the subsided food item.

In a letter dated August 1, the Ministry said the staff should pay for the purchase of the bag of rice, adding that a staff member is entitled to only one bag.

 

The memo signed by Mrs. Jaiyesim Abimbola Aderonke (Mrs.) Director, Human Resource Management, stated the following:

 

“As part of federal government’s efforts to alleviate the current food crisis in the country and its effects on the general population, I am directed to inform you that 50kg bags of rice will be sold at subsidized rate of Thousands Naira (N40,000) only per bag to interested public servants in Abuja.

”For effective implementation, all interested staff are required to complete a Google form on the OHCSF website. https//www.ohesf.gov.ng. print and submit some to Director HR for endorsement payment and distribution of the rice will be coordinated by designated officials while the chairman, Joint Union Council of the Ministry is required to serve as an observer during the period of the exercise for the purpose of transparency.

”I am to further add that each staff is only entitled to purchase one bag. Two or more staff may also jointly pay for a bag for sharing among themselves.

“Please bring the contents of this circular to the attention of staff in your respective Departments/Units for information and guidance.”

It Is important to note that the Minister of Agriculture, Senator Abubakar Kyari, had earlier announced that the sales of the bag of rice will begin from the civil servants before it is extended to other citizens in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

BREAKING: Top Former PDP Governor Suspended For Working For APC (PHOTO)

Next Post

Unlocking Immense Value: Zenith Bank’s Hybrid Rights Issue And Public Offer

Next Post
Zenith Bank

Unlocking Immense Value: Zenith Bank’s Hybrid Rights Issue And Public Offer

Trending Stories

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Nigeria Immigration Service

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Sale of 50kg Rice For N40k

BREAKING: Hopes Dashed As FG Stops Sale of 50kg Rice For N40k

Amaechi

Amaechi Declares 2027 Presidential Ambition Under ADC, Vows Not to Step Down For Atiku, Obi

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Latest Stories

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

GCEO Ojulari

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

ASUU

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Peter Obi

Peter Obi Condemns Hike in International Passport Fees

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike as Group CEO, Bolaji Agbede Reverts to Executive Director Role

Zoho

Zoho Unveils Proprietary Zia LLM, Expands AI Suite with Agents and Studio Tools

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria