ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, August 20, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

BREAKING: Former President Obasanjo Snubs Tinubu’s First Council Of State Meeting

Former Heads of State Yakubu Gowon and Abdulsalami Abubakar are also participating in the meeting virtually.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
August 13, 2024
in Headline
0
Former President Obasanjo

Former President Obasanjo

Former President Obasanjo snubbed Tinubu’s First Council of State Meeting.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that Olusegun Obasanjo, a former Nigerian president, refused to show up at the council of state meeting holding at the presidential villa in Abuja by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

 

This Nigeria news platform gathered that among those in attendance are former Presidents Muhammadu Buhari and Goodluck Jonathan.

 

ALSO: Donald Trump, Elon Musk Vow To Flee United States, See Why

 

Former Heads of State Yakubu Gowon and Abdulsalami Abubakar are also participating in the meeting virtually.

 

The National Council of State meeting serves as a platform for advising the sitting president on policy decisions and other critical matters.

 

The council members include the President, Vice President, former Presidents and Heads of State, the Senate President, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, state governors, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, and the Attorney-General of the Federation.

 

This ongoing meeting is the first under Tinubu’s administration and comes on the heels of public protests against the current economic hardships and government policies, including the removal of fuel subsidies.

 

Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, who previously voiced support for the protesters’ demands, did not attend the meeting.

 

According to Daily Trust, President Tinubu extended special invitations to ministers for the meeting to provide the Council with insights into the administration’s policies and direction, enabling members to offer informed advice on the way forward.

Previous Post

Donald Trump, Elon Musk Vow To Flee United States, See Why

Next Post

BREAKING: Nigeria Telecom Sector In Intensive Care Unit- MTN

Next Post
MTN

BREAKING: Nigeria Telecom Sector In Intensive Care Unit- MTN

Trending Stories

Former President Obasanjo

BREAKING: Former President Obasanjo Snubs Tinubu’s First Council Of State Meeting

Ann Mbene, founder and weight loss consultant at HueBeautyGlam

Ann Mbene On Breaking The Weight Loss Stigma in Nigeria

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

Abel Enitan

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service of the Federation

Onaiyekan

Onaiyekan Defies Presidency, Says ‘I’m Not Afraid of Anybody’ Over Tinubu Meeting Remarks

NELFUND Student Loans

Tinubu Directs EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends to Fund NELFUND Student Loans

Osasikemwen Ighile

Five Practical Holiday Saving Habits for Nigerian Households By Osasikemwen Ighile

JAMB Past Questions

Download JAMB Past Questions & Answers PDF From 1983 Till Date [All Subjects]

Latest Stories

FCMB Access Credentials Deal

EFCC Arraigns Two Over Alleged $15,000 FCMB Access Credentials Deal

NELFUND Student Loans

Tinubu Directs EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends to Fund NELFUND Student Loans

Onaiyekan

Onaiyekan Defies Presidency, Says ‘I’m Not Afraid of Anybody’ Over Tinubu Meeting Remarks

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

South Africa

BREAKING: FG Orders South Africa to End Xenophobic Attacks Against Nigerians

Abel Enitan

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service of the Federation

Osasikemwen Ighile

Five Practical Holiday Saving Habits for Nigerian Households By Osasikemwen Ighile

Ann Mbene, founder and weight loss consultant at HueBeautyGlam

Ann Mbene On Breaking The Weight Loss Stigma in Nigeria

Zenith Bank

Zenith Bank Hosts 10th Non-Oil Export Seminar August 25, Unveils Global Speakers

US Judge

BREAKING: US Judge Sets August 21 Deadline in Tinubu Records FOIA Case

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria