ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, May 21, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

BREAKING: ‘Former Governor El-Rufai, Commissioners Siphoned N423bn’

the report indicted the former governor and several commissioners who served under him.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
June 5, 2024
in Crime Watch, Headline
0
Nasir El-Rufai

Nasir El-Rufai

Kaduna Assembly has indicted Former Governor El-Rufai and his commissioners for allegedly siphoning N423bn.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Kaduna State House of Assembly on Wednesday, June 5, received a report from the ad hoc committee tasked with investigating the finances, loans, and contracts awarded during former Governor Nasir El-Rufai’s tenure.

This Nigeria news platform understands that the report indicted the former governor and several commissioners who served under him.

 

ALSO: Wale Edun Beats Deadline, To Present New Minimum Wage Template Today

 

The House alleged that N423 billion of the state resources was siphoned under the El-Rufai’s government and asked the incumbent Governor Uba Sani to refer the former governor and former commissioners of finance to relevant security agencies for investigation.

Presenting the report during plenary on Wednesday, the chairman of the ad hoc committee and Deputy Speaker of the House, Henry Magaji Danjuma, said that most of the loans obtained under the El-Rufai’s administration were not used for the purpose for which they were obtained, while in some cases, due process was not followed in securing the loans.

Receiving the report, the Speaker of the Kaduna House of Assembly, Yusuf Liman, said that a total of N423 billion was siphoned by El-Rufai’s administration while leaving the state with huge liabilities.

 

The committee, therefore, recommended the investigation and prosecution of El-Rufai, and some other indicted members of his cabinet by security and anti-corruption agencies for abuse of office through the award of contracts without due process, diversion of public funds, and money laundering.

Previous Post

BREAKING: Organised Labour Drops N494,000 New Minimum Wage Demand

Next Post

BREAKING: Nigeria Police Gets First Female Force Secretary, Yetunde Longe

Next Post
Yetunde Longe

BREAKING: Nigeria Police Gets First Female Force Secretary, Yetunde Longe

Trending Stories

Nasir El-Rufai

BREAKING: ‘Former Governor El-Rufai, Commissioners Siphoned N423bn’

Fubara

BREAKING: Fubara Forced Out of Rivers APC Governorship Primary Amid Supremacy Battle With Wike

Tonye Cole

BREAKING: Tonye Cole Withdraws From Rivers APC Governorship Primary Race

Notti Osama Video Footage

WATCH Notti Osama Video Footage Of Death On Tiktok, Twitter, & Reddit

Professor Segun Aina

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Professor Segun Aina as New JAMB Registrar

Caleb University Female Student Leaked Sextape Goes Viral, Sparks Social Media Frenzy (Watch Here)

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape Resurfaces Online After US Interview (WATCH HERE)

Adewole Adebayo

BREAKING: Adewole Adebayo, 12 Others Expelled From Social Democratic Party (FULL LIST)

Step-by-Step Guide To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit Online

Sex Tape

President 50-Year Old Daughter’s Sex Tape Breaks The Internet (WATCH HERE)

Latest Stories

Marketing Live 2026

Google Unveils Gemini-Powered AI Advertising, Commerce Tools at Marketing Live 2026

Kehinde Ogundare, Country Head, Zoho Nigeria

Beyond the vibe: Bridging Africa’s Build Divide with Intelligent Infrastructure

UTME Results

JAMB Releases 279 Previously Withheld UTME Results After Malpractice Investigation

Professor Segun Aina

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Professor Segun Aina as New JAMB Registrar

Hantavirus Update Today

Hantavirus Update Today — Latest Cases, Death Toll & Global Tracking

Fubara

BREAKING: Fubara Forced Out of Rivers APC Governorship Primary Amid Supremacy Battle With Wike

Adewole Adebayo

BREAKING: Adewole Adebayo, 12 Others Expelled From Social Democratic Party (FULL LIST)

Tonye Cole

BREAKING: Tonye Cole Withdraws From Rivers APC Governorship Primary Race

Jonathan, AGF

BREAKING: Jonathan, AGF Move to Strike Out Suit Challenging 2027 Election Eligibility

Impact Investors Foundation

Impact Investors Foundation Unveils GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in Lagos

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria