• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, February 21, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

BREAKING: FG Resumes Trial Of 300 Terrorism Suspects

Abu added the Complex Casework Group (CCG) of the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation and other critical stakeholders were also involved, while it is being done under the coordination and supervision of the NCTC-ONSA.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
July 25, 2024
in Crime Watch, Headline
0
Terrorism Suspects

FG has resumed the trial of 300 terrorism suspects.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Federal Government has resumed the trial of 300 persons allegedly involved in terrorism, and suspects of other heinous crimes against the country.

 

A statement yesterday by the Head of Strategic Communication, National Counter Terrorism Centre – Office of the National Security Adviser (NCTC-ONSA), Michael Abu, said resumption of the trial was in pursuance of the government’s commitment to promoting social justice by entrenching transparent administrative system.

 

He said the ongoing trial was in line with the International Criminal Justice system and was being administered by the Federal High Court of Nigeria.

 

ALSO: Labour Party Accuses NLC Of Plotting Against Peter Obi

 

Abu added the Complex Casework Group (CCG) of the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation and other critical stakeholders were also involved, while it is being done under the coordination and supervision of the NCTC-ONSA.

 

He also said more than 300 suspects were on trial with five reputable judges manning the five courts and Chambers set up for speedy administration of justice.

The trial involved multiple stakeholders, CCG prosecutors, and defense counsel from the Legal Aid Council of Nigeria (LACON).

He added: “Before now, more than 800 case files had been reviewed, and charges were drafted for efficient prosecution in order to ensure that justice is appropriately served. Between 2017 and 2018, the trials so far resulted in 163 convictions, 882 discharges and 5 acquittals.

 

“Suspects that are inculpable are being deradicalised, engaged in profitable ventures, and efforts to reintegrate them are being sustained.

 

“The NCTC-ONSA is working with relevant authorities in fulfilling its mandates and to boost efforts of the incumbent administration towards realising good governance and a just society.”

Previous Post

BREAKING: Labour Party Accuses NLC Of Plotting Against Peter Obi

Next Post

BREAKING: Four Confirmed Dead In Lagos Building Collapse

Next Post
Lagos Building Collapse

BREAKING: Four Confirmed Dead In Lagos Building Collapse

Trending Stories

No Content Available

Latest Stories

Apple

Apple Warns iPhone Users as iPhone 6s, SE, Older Models Added to Obsolete List

2027 Politics

2027 Politics Heats Up as ‘Village Boys Movement’ Launches in Abuja, Backs Value-Based Leadership

El-Rufai

BREAKING: DSS to Arraign El-Rufai Over Alleged Cybercrime, National Security Breach

Zoho

Zoho Celebrates 30 Years, Reaches One Million Customers and 150 Million Users Worldwide

Alex Otti

BREAKING: Tinubu Mounts Pressure On Alex Otti to Join APC, Obi To Step Down

King Charles III

King Charles III Backs Probe of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor After Arrest on 66th Birthday

Former Governor Nasir El-Rufai

ICPC Raids Former Governor Nasir El-Rufai’s Residence Amid Detention

Senator Mpigi Barinada Is Dead

BREAKING: Rivers South East Senator Mpigi Barinada Is Dead

Rivers Assembly

BREAKING: Rivers Assembly Suspends Fubara Impeachment After Tinubu’s Intervention

Wema Bank

Wema Bank Announces 2026 International Women’s Day Grand Event for March 4

NewsOnline Nigeria

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: [email protected]

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria