ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 31, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

BREAKING: FG Blocks ₦83 Billion Protest Funds, Arrests Political Collaborators

the funds include $50 million in cryptocurrency, of which $38 million has been blocked across four cryptocurrency wallets. Additionally, ₦4 billion in fiat money was reportedly contributed by various political actors in Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, and Katsina.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
August 14, 2024
in Crime Watch, Headline
0
Protest Funds

FG has blocked ₦83 billion protest funds and arrested political collaborators.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Federal Government has traced at least ₦83 billion in cryptocurrency and fiat money that was allegedly channelled towards the recent nationwide protests.

 

This revelation was made during a presentation by the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, at the inaugural meeting of the Council of State, convened by President Bola Tinubu at the Aso Rock Villa in Abuja.

 

READ ALSO: Nigerians Risk 10 Year Jail Term Over Failure To Recite New National Anthem

 

According to Ribadu’s presentation, the funds include $50 million in cryptocurrency, of which $38 million has been blocked across four cryptocurrency wallets. Additionally, ₦4 billion in fiat money was reportedly contributed by various political actors in Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, and Katsina.

The presentation, titled ‘The Nationwide Protest As It Affects National Security,’ provided a detailed account of the financial and logistical support behind the protests, which have drawn significant attention both domestically and internationally.

 

Multiple sources familiar with the meeting proceedings disclosed that Ribadu also revealed the involvement of a European national, identified as the mastermind behind the proliferation of foreign flags during the protests.

 

The individual is expected to be declared wanted by the Nigerian Police soon.

 

Furthermore, local conspirators traced to Abuja, Kaduna, and Kano have been arrested, according to a source who spoke with Punch on the condition of anonymity due to the sensitive nature of the information.

 

The Council of State meeting, which brought together former presidents, state governors, and other key national figures, focused heavily on the implications of the protests for national security.

 

“In his presentation, the NSA said the government was able to trace $50m to crypto wallets that were made as donations to the protests. They succeeded in blocking four of those wallets containing $38m.

 

“They also found out that some political actors contributed ₦4bn to fund the protests,” one of the sources told The Punch.

 

Another source privy to the discussions at the Council of State meeting told the platform that these local actors have been arrested, with the foreign mastermind on the run.

 

The source said, “The NSA also briefed the Council that there was some element of foreign interference in the protest, that they found out that some foreigners fueled the protests. It was not just about Nigerians protesting against hardship.

 

“A foreign agent had been found to be connected to it and would soon be declared wanted by the Police. The police will make the announcement this week.

 

“This agent is a person of interest with his Nigerian collaborators; most of them have been arrested. They are looking for him. But his collaborators in Abuja, Kaduna, Kano and Katsina have been arrested. The NSA also confirmed that eight people died during the protests.”

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Elon Musk Interview On US Election With Trump Hits One Billion Views On X

Next Post

BREAKING: EFCC Under Scrutiny Over Donation of N50bn Fraud Proceeds To Fund Student Loan

Next Post
EFCC

BREAKING: EFCC Under Scrutiny Over Donation of N50bn Fraud Proceeds To Fund Student Loan

Trending Stories

Peter Obi

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Minister Wike

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Senator Kabiru Marafa

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Protest Funds

BREAKING: FG Blocks ₦83 Billion Protest Funds, Arrests Political Collaborators

FirstBank

FirstBank’s ₦1 Trillion Digital Loan Disbursement Milestone And The New Era Of Inclusive Lending In Nigeria

Jason Benson Biography

Jason Benson Biography: OfficialJaceBen Music, Age, Genre, Wikipedia, Family

Jason Benson Biography

Jason Benson’s New Single “PRESSURE” Surpasses 4000 Streams in Just Days

Latest Stories

CAC

BREAKING: CAC Postpones Revised Service Fees to October 1, 2025

Police Service Commission

BREAKING: Police Service Commission Denies Commencement of 2025 Recruitment Process

Jason Benson Biography

Jason Benson Biography: OfficialJaceBen Music, Age, Genre, Wikipedia, Family

Jason Benson Biography

Jason Benson’s New Single “PRESSURE” Surpasses 4000 Streams in Just Days

Peter Obi

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Senator Kabiru Marafa

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

$80 Prepaid Customs Duty

FG Slams $80 Prepaid Customs Duty On Nigerians For Postal Shipments To U.S

Minister Wike

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

FirstBank

FirstBank’s ₦1 Trillion Digital Loan Disbursement Milestone And The New Era Of Inclusive Lending In Nigeria

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria