ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 31, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

BREAKING: EFCC Probes Looting Spree in Akeredolu Administration’s Final Months

“Some petitions specifically implicate former government officials, alleging misappropriation and signature forgery during the tenure of the late Governor Rotimi Akeredolu.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
April 23, 2024
in Crime Watch, Headline
0
Lagos Mansion

EFCC

EFCC has begun to probe the looting spree in the Late Governor Akeredolu Administration’s final months.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that Nigeria’s anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has launched an investigation into a massive looting spree that allegedly occurred in the final six months of the Akeredolu administration in Ondo State.

 

This Nigeria news platform understands that the period in question coincided with the governor’s prolonged illness, which raised concerns about a potential leadership vacuum and abuse of power. The anti-graft agency is currently probing the looting of  N60 billion through the alleged forgery of the deceased governor’s signature.

 

ALSO: EFCC Detains Ondo APC Gubernatorial Aspirant, Akinterinwa

 

Recall that Governor Rotimi Akeredolu died in December last year, following a protracted illness. Shortly before he passed on, there were allegations that his signature was forged in a bid to perpetuate fraud.

 

Former officials of the defunct administration have been summoned and interrogated by the EFCC over the allegations.

 

Ondo State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice Dr. Olukayode Ajulo (SAN) confirmed that some former officials of the defunct administration have been summoned and interrogated by the EFCC.

 

He said the state government had received petitions implicating former government officials and associates allegedly involved in the misappropriation and signature forgery.

 

The source in EFCC said: “So far, our operatives are investigating alleged misappropriation of about N60billion. We have interrogated many former officials of the Ondo State Government. We will still invite more. Preliminary findings have indicated that some of them have issues to clarify.”

 

The source added: “A bend on the ongoing investigation is alleged forgery of a signature to withdraw cash from government accounts.

 

“Our operatives are scrutinizing all memos and approvals to ascertain if due process was followed. At the appropriate time, the EFCC will brief Nigerians.”

 

Ajulo, who confirmed the ongoing investigations against individuals and corporations, said the state government will not interfere in the ongoing probe of its past officials.

 

He maintained that one of the allegations being probed by the EFCC was the misappropriation and signature forgery to withdraw public funds.

 

Ajulo said: “The state government will not interfere with the operations of agencies such as the Police, EFCC, ICPC, and the Ondo State Public Complaint, Financial Crime and Anti-Corruption Commission.

 

“Some petitions specifically implicate former government officials, alleging misappropriation and signature forgery during the tenure of the late Governor Rotimi Akeredolu.

 

“Various issues have emerged regarding alleged fraud committed using the name, approvals, and signatures of the late Governor Akeredolu by past and some present government officials.

 

“One particular focus of these petitions revolves around a youth empowerment programme involving artisans and market women, as well as the use of unauthorized agreements to defraud the government of Ondo State.

 

“The Ondo State Government operates based on laws and regulations, and entering into agreements with the government requires proper authorization and approval. When such authorization and approval are lacking, it raises serious concerns.”

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Abdulsalami, Jonathan, Others Endorse State Police, IG Disagrees

Next Post

BREAKING: President Tinubu Departs For Netherlands On Key Diplomatic Mission

Next Post
President Tinubu

BREAKING: President Tinubu Departs For Netherlands On Key Diplomatic Mission

Trending Stories

Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead

BREAKING: Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead, How Arase Died In Abuja Hospital

Peter Obi

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Minister Wike

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Jason Benson Biography

Jason Benson Biography: OfficialJaceBen Music, Age, Genre, Wikipedia, Family

Speaker Abbas

BREAKING: Speaker Abbas Orders Probe Into Alleged Unfair Recruitment in House of Reps

Lagos Mansion

BREAKING: EFCC Probes Looting Spree in Akeredolu Administration’s Final Months

Senator Kabiru Marafa

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

Baltasar Engonga Wife Sex Video

Watch Viral Baltasar Engonga Wife Sex Video With Another Man Here

Latest Stories

Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead

BREAKING: Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead, How Arase Died In Abuja Hospital

El-Rufai

ADC: Police Launch Probe After Violence Erupts at Alleged El-Rufai Political Gathering

Kabiru Marafa

Shockwaves in Northern Politics: Kabiru Marafa, Allies Dump APC Over Injustice and Security Failures

Budget Office DG

Naira Rebounds on Oil Receipts, Diaspora Remittances, and FX Reforms – Budget Office DG

Naira

Naira Gains Slightly Against Dollar Amid Rising Diaspora Remittances and FX Inflows

Speaker Abbas

BREAKING: Speaker Abbas Orders Probe Into Alleged Unfair Recruitment in House of Reps

U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Nigeria

U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Nigeria to Close September 1 for Labor Day

Cutix Q1 Profit

Cutix Q1 Profit Plunges 81% Amid Rising Input and Finance Costs

PadHer

PadHer Secures $140,000 Grant to Scale Menstrual Health Education in Ghana

NDLEA

NDLEA Intercepts Over 500,000 Opioid Pills, Destroys 71.5-Hectare Cannabis Farm in Nationwide Raids

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria