ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, May 21, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

Breaking: Abuja Schools Shut Down As Bandits Arrive In Truckloads

by NewsOnline Nigeria
May 6, 2021
in Headline, Crime Watch
0
Ojodu Grammar School Students In Lagos

Abuja schools have reportedly shut down as Truckload of Bandits arrives in a border town.

 

 

News Online reports that despite assurances by the police authorities that Abuja is safe, private schools in Bwari Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory, yesterday, hurriedly shut down their activities over the fear of possible attack by kidnappers.

 

ALSO: President Buhari Under Fire Over Coup Allegations

 

News Online gathered that some schools hurriedly sent their students home when news got to them over 200 unidentified men suspected to be bandits were dropped by a truck in the Sabon Wuse area of Niger State, a border town with Bwari, Abuja.

 

A source told LEADERSHIP that some private schools closed their schools with instructions to students to remain at home till further notice.

[the_ad id=”9330″]

Some parents who do not want their identities revealed told our correspondent that the schools gave the instructions on a various group WhatsApp platforms of the schools.

 

According to facts available to News Online, in the last two weeks, over ten persons have been kidnapped in Bwari area council with ransom of about N10million paid to secure their release.

 

ALSO: Buhari Govt Paid N15m Ransom, Released Convicted Bandit In Exchange For 27 Kaduna Students

 

Last week, about seven persons were kidnapped in Sabon Fulani area of the council and about N5 million ransom was said to have been paid, LEADERSHIP reports.

According to residents, the fear was heightened following the report that over 200 unknown persons were dropped from a truck in Sabon Wuse area.

 

ALSO: Primate Ayodele Releases Shocking 2023 Presidential Election Prophecy For Tinubu, Atiku

[the_ad id=”9330″]

A parent who spoke to LEADERSHIP said, “We were asked to come for our children in their school before the time they were supposed to close for the day.
”I don’t know if they will be going to school tomorrow because we are still waiting for further directives from their school group WhatsApp platform”, the parent, who does not want her identity revealed said.

 

Another parent told LEADERSHIP that there was specific instruction for students to remain at home until further notice from the school authorities.

”My children came back home before the usual closing hour. When I enquired, the school said there were reports that kidnappers had surrounded Bwari area council and they (school authorities) do not want to be responsible for any kidnapped student, hence the closure of the school.

 

”As we speak, the school has been shut down indefinitely,” he said.

Some of the schools in Bwari area council that sent their students home yesterday for fear of possible attacks by kidnappers include De-Goopherwood Montessori School (close to Nigerian Law School), Glorious Bright School, Tundun Fulani and Asusi International School.

[the_ad id=”9330″]

A parent, who has children at Glorious Bright School said she got a call from the school management to come and pick their children before the normal closing hour for fear of attacks by kidnappers. Another parent who has children at De-Goopherwood Montessori School also confirmed that his children closed before the normal closing hour.

 

According to her, the students were asked to go home after information got to them that there is a likelihood of a breach of security in Bwari.

 

According to report by LEADERSHIP, Veritas University, in Bwari, has been closed down and students sent home.

 

According to a senior lecturer of the school, who said she was not authorised to speak with journalist, ”The school was shut this morning by the vice chancellor. ‘We received a circular that everyone should vacate the school by 11am today (yesterday). ”

 

 

She said the students had been on holiday since last week but the academic staff and other staff were still going to school before the circular was sent out.
”Though the students were on holiday, we were still going to school until we got a circular today (yesterday) from the office of the Vice Chancellor that everyone should leave the campus”, the source said.

 

[the_ad id=”9330″]

Another polytechnic in the area also sent its student out of the hostel.

 

 

A 200-level student of Dorben Polytechnic, Bwari, told LEADERSHIP that the school authorities issued a circular asking the students to vacate the hostels and that henceforth they will holding lectures online.

 

The student who studies public administration at the polytechnic said all the student promptly complied with the directive and quit the hostels.

 

About three days ago, the FCT Police Command faulted information that the territory was under possible the attack of Boko Haram terrorists. The command had, in a press statement by the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Yusuf Mariam, said, “The attention of the FCT Joint Security Team has been drawn to a viral publication in the social media purporting that the ‘Federal Capital Territory is under the attack of Boko Haram Terrorists’.

[the_ad id=”9330″]

 

”The Joint Security Team of the FCT wishes to refute the mischievous publication targeted at creating palpable tension amongst the well-spirited residents of the FCT.”

 

We’re Monitoring Situation – Police

 

Meanwhile, following the social media report of invasion of Bwari axis of the FCT by suspected Boko Haram terrorist, bandits or kidnappers, the Nigeria Police have said they monitoring the situation.

Though the spokesperson of the police and the FCT PRO did not comment on the issue, a reliable senior police officer, who pleaded anonymity, told LEADERSHIP that the police management had deployed tactical teams which are monitoring the situation, but that there is no cause for alarm.

[the_ad id=”9330″]

 

According to the source, the situation is very critical and the police are not taking it lightly.

There were reports on social media of invasion of Bwari by a group numbering about 800.

This led to report of closure of schools around the area fearing abduction as has been the case in recent times.

Previous Post

Five Simple Steps To Check NECO Results 2020

Next Post

Breaking: Lagos State ‘Under Attack’ (Video)

Next Post
Hoodlums

Breaking: Lagos State 'Under Attack' (Video)

Trending Stories

Ojodu Grammar School Students In Lagos

Breaking: Abuja Schools Shut Down As Bandits Arrive In Truckloads

Fubara

BREAKING: Fubara Forced Out of Rivers APC Governorship Primary Amid Supremacy Battle With Wike

Tonye Cole

BREAKING: Tonye Cole Withdraws From Rivers APC Governorship Primary Race

Professor Segun Aina

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Professor Segun Aina as New JAMB Registrar

Notti Osama Video Footage

WATCH Notti Osama Video Footage Of Death On Tiktok, Twitter, & Reddit

Caleb University Female Student Leaked Sextape Goes Viral, Sparks Social Media Frenzy (Watch Here)

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape Resurfaces Online After US Interview (WATCH HERE)

Adewole Adebayo

BREAKING: Adewole Adebayo, 12 Others Expelled From Social Democratic Party (FULL LIST)

Step-by-Step Guide To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit Online

Sex Tape

President 50-Year Old Daughter’s Sex Tape Breaks The Internet (WATCH HERE)

Latest Stories

Marketing Live 2026

Google Unveils Gemini-Powered AI Advertising, Commerce Tools at Marketing Live 2026

Kehinde Ogundare, Country Head, Zoho Nigeria

Beyond the vibe: Bridging Africa’s Build Divide with Intelligent Infrastructure

UTME Results

JAMB Releases 279 Previously Withheld UTME Results After Malpractice Investigation

Professor Segun Aina

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Professor Segun Aina as New JAMB Registrar

Hantavirus Update Today

Hantavirus Update Today — Latest Cases, Death Toll & Global Tracking

Fubara

BREAKING: Fubara Forced Out of Rivers APC Governorship Primary Amid Supremacy Battle With Wike

Adewole Adebayo

BREAKING: Adewole Adebayo, 12 Others Expelled From Social Democratic Party (FULL LIST)

Tonye Cole

BREAKING: Tonye Cole Withdraws From Rivers APC Governorship Primary Race

Jonathan, AGF

BREAKING: Jonathan, AGF Move to Strike Out Suit Challenging 2027 Election Eligibility

Impact Investors Foundation

Impact Investors Foundation Unveils GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in Lagos

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria