ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home World

JUST IN: FG Orders Implementation Of New US Visa Validity Policy

President Muhammadu Buhari launched the new Nigeria Visa Policy in 2020.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
February 24, 2023
in World, Headline
0
Muhammadu Buhari University

FG has ordered the implementation of a new US Visa validity policy.

 

NewsOnlinereports that the Federal Government has directed the full implementation of a new visa reciprocity policy for citizens of the United States of America with effect from March 1, 2023.

 

The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, said the directive was issued following approval for the implementation of the new Bilateral Consular Policy Agreements between the two governments.

 

ALSO: Finnish Police Release Simon Ekpa Hours After Serious Interrogation

 

This online newspaper recalls that President Muhammadu Buhari launched the new Nigeria Visa Policy in 2020.

 

He added that the policy amongst other things seeks to promote tourism and boost cultural exchange and business between both nations.

 

According to a statement by his media adviser, Sola Fasure, on Friday, the minister said the agreements amongst others include the reciprocity of five-year tourist visa validity for American Citizens pursuant to Section 30 of the Immigration Act, 2015; Extension of visa validity to three years for diplomats and government officials between the citizens of Nigeria and the United States of America.

 

He added that the Minister of Interior had directed the Nigeria Immigration Service, NIS, to start the implementation of the policy from March 1, 2023.

 

“As part of the Bilateral Agreement, the United States of America will implement a similar policy for Nigerians wishing to travel on tourist visas to the United States and for our diplomats and officials visiting the country. The United State will thus extend tourist visa validity for Nigerian citizens to five years,” the statement added.

 

On the elections, he announced that movement across national borders had been restricted.

The statement continued, “Internal movements have been restricted to the polling units. There will also be no movement of persons across national borders.

 

“Law enforcement agencies are required to use all means necessary in providing security for lives and property at the polling units, in the streets, and at the borders. Every threat must be contained and assurances must be given for lives and property and the success of the elections.”

 

The minister also enjoined all registered voters in Nigeria to come out on Saturday, February 25, 2023 to exercise their franchise, promising a safe and secure environment before, during, and after the elections.

He admonished Nigerians to be vigilant and report any suspicious persons or activities to the nearest security agency or on the N-Alert application online.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

BREAKING: INEC Excludes Labour Party Logo On Ondo Ballots

Next Post

BREAKING: EFCC Intercepts N32.4m New Notes Meant For Vote-Buying In Lagos

Next Post
EFCC

BREAKING: EFCC Intercepts N32.4m New Notes Meant For Vote-Buying In Lagos

Trending Stories

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

Minister Wike

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Peter Obi

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Muhammadu Buhari University

JUST IN: FG Orders Implementation Of New US Visa Validity Policy

Nigeria Immigration Service

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Latest Stories

Peter Obi

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Senator Kabiru Marafa

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

$80 Prepaid Customs Duty

FG Slams $80 Prepaid Customs Duty On Nigerians For Postal Shipments To U.S

Minister Wike

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

FirstBank

FirstBank’s ₦1 Trillion Digital Loan Disbursement Milestone And The New Era Of Inclusive Lending In Nigeria

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

GCEO Ojulari

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

ASUU

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria