ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 31, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

Two Dead As Gunmen Attack Chris Uba’s Convoy

A source told NewsOnline Nigeria that vehicles in the convoy were riddled with bullets, just as two police operatives attached to the politician were killed.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
December 29, 2023
in Crime Watch, Top Stories
0
Chris Uba

Gunmen have attacked Chris Uba’s Convoy killing two security operatives.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that gunmen last night attacked a convoy suspected to belong to the self-styled godfather of Anambra politics, Chief Chris Uba.

 

A source told NewsOnline Nigeria that vehicles in the convoy were riddled with bullets, just as two police operatives attached to the politician were killed.

 

It was also gathered that another politician and a chieftain of the Labour Party, Mr Val Ozigbo, narrowly escaped the attack.

 

ALSO: 25 Federal Agencies and Ministries To Spend N85 Billion On Vehicles In 2024

 

The source said: “We witnessed what happened. Chris Uba’s convoy ran into the men who were stationed at UGA junction, leading to a shootout.

“Uba was able to escape because he was riding in a bullet proof vehicle, but the policemen were not so lucky as they were killed.

“Val Ozigbo was coming back from Owerri with members of his family when he suddenly saw a convoy driving ferociously toward his own convoy, and attempting to edge him off the road. He quickly told his driver to clear off the road let the other convoy pass by.

 

“Shortly after they overtook Ozigbo, they ran into the gunmen at UGA junction who started shooting, and killed two policemen. Ozigbo who parked while the incident was happening, later learnt that the convoy that was attacked was that of Uba.”

 

It was learnt that the aim of the men was to kidnap the politician. Many people were said to have been injured, but it was not clear if anyone was kidnapped.

Meanwhile, police authorities in a press release by the state police command’s spokesperson, DSP Tochukwu Ikenga said it has launched a manhunt for the attackers.

 

The release read: “Anambra State Police Command has launched an intensive manhunt for armed insurgents who infiltrated from a neighbouring State and killed two Police Personnel on 28th December 2023 at about 18.30 hours (6.30 p.m.).

 

“The gang which disguised in military fatigue and seemed to be on a kidnap mission were jolted on seeing two armed Police officers approaching their direction. They opened fire on the officers who had moved ahead of the convoy they were escorting to decongest traffic gridlock. Other personnel returned fire, careful not to hit many motorists who were in traffic, forcing the bandits to flee.

 

“Police-led mobile Forward Operating Base which had been on intensive patrol of the entire area throughout Christmas celebrations promptly responded to the scene.

 

“It recovered a Lexus SUV the gang operated with and defused an improvised explosive device found in the vehicle. It also recovered an AK-47 rifle belonging to one of the slain personnel.

 

“The Commissioner of Police, CP Aderemi Adeoye who had declared the weekend and Christmas holidays as special working days for all Officers and men in the Command commended all personnel for their tireless and courageous effort in securing the people of Anambra State.

 

“He urged them not to be demoralized by the supreme price paid by their colleagues from Enugu State Command but to draw inspiration from their bravery in confronting the criminal gang.

 

“He condoled with the families of the deceased officers and Enugu State Police Command and vowed that the personnel will not die in vain.

 

“He has urged all officers and men of Anambra State Police Command to redouble their efforts and remain vigilant. He assured that technology would be employed to track down the criminals who unleashed the attack on Police personnel.”

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

25 Federal Agencies and Ministries To Spend N85 Billion On Vehicles In 2024

Next Post

BREAKING: Terrorists Threatens To Launch Fresh Attacks On Plateau Community

Next Post
Plateau Community

BREAKING: Terrorists Threatens To Launch Fresh Attacks On Plateau Community

Trending Stories

Peter Obi

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Minister Wike

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Senator Kabiru Marafa

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Chris Uba

Two Dead As Gunmen Attack Chris Uba’s Convoy

FirstBank

FirstBank’s ₦1 Trillion Digital Loan Disbursement Milestone And The New Era Of Inclusive Lending In Nigeria

Jason Benson Biography

Jason Benson Biography: OfficialJaceBen Music, Age, Genre, Wikipedia, Family

Jason Benson Biography

Jason Benson’s New Single “PRESSURE” Surpasses 4000 Streams in Just Days

Latest Stories

CAC

BREAKING: CAC Postpones Revised Service Fees to October 1, 2025

Police Service Commission

BREAKING: Police Service Commission Denies Commencement of 2025 Recruitment Process

Jason Benson Biography

Jason Benson Biography: OfficialJaceBen Music, Age, Genre, Wikipedia, Family

Jason Benson Biography

Jason Benson’s New Single “PRESSURE” Surpasses 4000 Streams in Just Days

Peter Obi

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Senator Kabiru Marafa

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

$80 Prepaid Customs Duty

FG Slams $80 Prepaid Customs Duty On Nigerians For Postal Shipments To U.S

Minister Wike

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

FirstBank

FirstBank’s ₦1 Trillion Digital Loan Disbursement Milestone And The New Era Of Inclusive Lending In Nigeria

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria