ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Health

Saudi Arabia Bans Flights From Nigeria Over Omicron Covid Variant

by NewsOnline Nigeria
December 9, 2021
in Health, Headline
0
Omicron Covid Variant

Saudi Arabia has banned flights from Nigeria over Omicron Covid Variant.

 

 

Newsonline reports that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has suspended all flights from Nigeria due to the new Coronavirus variant, Omicron.

 

TRENDING:  Naira Crashes At Official Market Despite Forex Supply Improvement

 

This online newspaper understands that there were unconfirmed reports earlier yesterday that there were preparations for the repatriation of Nigerians in the Kingdom over Omicron.

However, several sources in the consulate of Saudi Arabia in Kano as well as officials at the Malam Aminu Kano International Airport, MAKIA, confirmed that there was an order to restrict flights from Nigeria over Omicron.

 

Since the Kingdom lifted the ban on Nigerian flights, many people, especially from Kano, have visited the country for lesser Hajj, while others are waiting for scheduled dates to visit.

But an official of the Saudi Consulate in Kano, who chose not to be named because he was not instructed to talk to the media, said yesterday that there was an order to restrict Nigerian flights in order to check the spread of Omicron in the Kingdom.

 

ALSO: Identities Of Grammar School Students Crushed By Truck Revealed (Full List)

 

An official at Kano Airport also confirmed that already a circular had been issued that all lesser Hajj trips should be cancelled, due to the development.

“Yes it is true because a circular was issued that all Lesser Hajj flights should be canceled and there will be no more flights from Nigeria until further notice.

 

“I think they are following suit the decision of other countries like UK to prevent against having the virus in the kingdom,” the source told our correspondent under anonymity.

However, one of the top Airline Operators said he could not confirm the development as two flights, Qatar and Badar Air, left Abuja for Jeddah, on Wednesday morning.

 

The General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) in Saudi Arabia later confirmed the flight suspension in a circular to all airlines operating in the Kingdom.

 

Nigeria currently has six confirmed cases of Omicron virus.

The Federal Government had rejected the ban imposed on Nigeria by UK and Canada over Omicron.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Latest Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today Thursday 9th December 2021

Next Post

5 Arrested Dowen College Students Remanded In Juvenile Home

Next Post
Dowen College Students

5 Arrested Dowen College Students Remanded In Juvenile Home

Trending Stories

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Nigeria Immigration Service

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Omicron Covid Variant

Saudi Arabia Bans Flights From Nigeria Over Omicron Covid Variant

Amaechi

Amaechi Declares 2027 Presidential Ambition Under ADC, Vows Not to Step Down For Atiku, Obi

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Latest Stories

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

GCEO Ojulari

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

ASUU

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Peter Obi

Peter Obi Condemns Hike in International Passport Fees

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike as Group CEO, Bolaji Agbede Reverts to Executive Director Role

Zoho

Zoho Unveils Proprietary Zia LLM, Expands AI Suite with Agents and Studio Tools

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria