Categories: Headline

NLC Expects Tinubu To Commence Minimum Wage Payment In March 2024 – Ajaero

“The existing minimum wage will be expiring by March this year, so it is hoped we may conclude the negotiation for a new minimum wage before March,” Ajaero told newsmen.

Joe Ajaero has revealed that the NLC expects President Tinubu to commence minimum wage payment by March 2024.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the President of the Nigerian Labour Labour Congress (NLC), Joe Ajaero, has revealed that the congress expects the administration of President Bola Tinubu to start paying a new minimum wage by March 2024.

Speaking on Thursday, the NLC president disclosed that the existing minimum wage will be expiring by March this year, and the labour leaders expect the federal government to have concluded negotiations on a new wage before then.

 

ALSO READ: Buhari’s Ex-minister Pauline Tallen Appeals Court Ruling Banning Her From Public Office

 

According to him, the NLC has done the needful since last year by sending the names of its representatives to the government for the minimum wage committee to be constituted.

 

He added that it is left for the government to constitute the committee so negotiations can commence in earnest.

 

“The Federal Government had through a letter asked the organised labour to release our names to the new minimum wage committee to be constituted.

 

“Since last year, the list was submitted to the government and it is only when the committee is constituted that we now go into negotiation with the government as a union to agree on it.

 

“The existing minimum wage will be expiring by March this year, so it is hoped we may conclude the negotiation for a new minimum wage before March,” Ajaero told newsmen.

 

The NLC president added that the federal government has only paid one month of the wage award announced for Nigerian workers in the wake of the fuel subsidy removal.

 

He stated that the arrears are expected to be released by the end of January this year.

All should be released to the workers by the end of this year January,” Ajaero said.

NewsOnline Nigeria

Recent Posts

  • 2027 Election
  • Headline

BREAKING: Jonathan, AGF Move to Strike Out Suit Challenging 2027 Election Eligibility

Jonathan and AGF have moved to strike out suit challenging his 2027 election eligibility.  …

1 day ago
  • Top Stories

Impact Investors Foundation Unveils GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in Lagos

Impact Investors Foundation has unveiled GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in…

1 day ago
  • Profiles & Biographies

Ayobami Celebrates Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact

Ayobami has celebrated Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact.  …

3 days ago
  • Brands & Marketing

Union Bank Marks 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in Lagos

Union Bank has marked 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in…

3 days ago
  • Brands & Marketing

Sterling Financial Deepens Market Confidence as Assets Cross ₦4tn, Profit Jumps 53% in Q1 2026

Sterling Financial has deepened market confidence as assets cross ₦4tn and profit jumped 53% in…

3 days ago
  • Politics
  • Top Stories

Tinubu Presidency Knocks Peter Obi Over Rwanda Trip Comments, Says Diplomacy Not ‘Reality TV’

Tinubu Presidency has knocked Peter Obi over Rwanda trip comments.   NewsOnline Nigeria reports that…

3 days ago