ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, August 20, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Economy And Business

NIN-SIM Linkage: Buhari Given 72 Hours Ultimatum To Unblock 72 Million Nigerians Lines

by NewsOnline Nigeria
April 10, 2022
in Economy And Business, Headline
0
President Buhari

President Buhari

NIN-SIM Linkage, Buhari Government has been given 72 Hours Ultimatum to unblock 72 Million Nigerians Lines.

 

 

Newsonline reports that the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, SERAP, has given President Muhammadu Buhari a 72-hours ultimatum to reverse the decision to block the mobile lines of 72 million Nigerians.

 

BREAKING: Bet9ja Hackers Demand N140 Billion To Release Bet9ja Website

 

SERAP urged Buhari to “direct the Minister of Communication and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, and the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to immediately reverse the apparently unlawful decision to block over 72 million active telecommunication subscribers from making calls on their SIMs.”

 

Last week, the Federal Government ‘ordered’ telecommunications companies to block outgoing calls on all unlinked lines as the deadline for the verification expired on March 31.

 

Following the directive, over 72 million subscribers have now been barred from making calls.

However, SERAP said the decision to bar people from making calls was an infringement on the rights of expression of Nigerians.

In an open letter dated 9 April 2022 and signed by SERAP Deputy Director, Kolawole Oluwadare, the organisation said, “Blocking people from making calls undermines their ability to communicate freely and associate with others. It infringes on their rights to freedom of expression and family life, as well as socio-economic rights.

“The decision will have a chilling effect, dissuading the free expression of ideas and information.

“The decision to block people from making calls is also inconsistent and incompatible with the country’s international legal obligations to respect, protect, promote and facilitate economic and social rights. The decision contradicts the tenets of the rule of law, and democratic society.

“Immediately reversing the decision would be in conformity with the Nigerian Constitution of 1999 [as amended], and Nigeria’s international human rights obligations. Reversing the decision would also improve the confidence of the international community in human rights and the rule of law in Nigeria.”

Previous Post

BREAKING: Bet9ja Hackers Demand N140 Billion To Release Bet9ja Website

Next Post

BREAKING: MTN, Airtel, Glo And 9mobile Asked To Unbar Phone Lines Immediately

Next Post
MTN

BREAKING: MTN, Airtel, Glo And 9mobile Asked To Unbar Phone Lines Immediately

Trending Stories

President Buhari

NIN-SIM Linkage: Buhari Given 72 Hours Ultimatum To Unblock 72 Million Nigerians Lines

Ann Mbene, founder and weight loss consultant at HueBeautyGlam

Ann Mbene On Breaking The Weight Loss Stigma in Nigeria

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

Abel Enitan

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service of the Federation

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

NELFUND Student Loans

Tinubu Directs EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends to Fund NELFUND Student Loans

Onaiyekan

Onaiyekan Defies Presidency, Says ‘I’m Not Afraid of Anybody’ Over Tinubu Meeting Remarks

Osasikemwen Ighile

Five Practical Holiday Saving Habits for Nigerian Households By Osasikemwen Ighile

South Africa

BREAKING: FG Orders South Africa to End Xenophobic Attacks Against Nigerians

Latest Stories

NELFUND Student Loans

Tinubu Directs EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends to Fund NELFUND Student Loans

Onaiyekan

Onaiyekan Defies Presidency, Says ‘I’m Not Afraid of Anybody’ Over Tinubu Meeting Remarks

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

South Africa

BREAKING: FG Orders South Africa to End Xenophobic Attacks Against Nigerians

Abel Enitan

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service of the Federation

Osasikemwen Ighile

Five Practical Holiday Saving Habits for Nigerian Households By Osasikemwen Ighile

Ann Mbene, founder and weight loss consultant at HueBeautyGlam

Ann Mbene On Breaking The Weight Loss Stigma in Nigeria

Zenith Bank

Zenith Bank Hosts 10th Non-Oil Export Seminar August 25, Unveils Global Speakers

US Judge

BREAKING: US Judge Sets August 21 Deadline in Tinubu Records FOIA Case

FCT Minister Wike

FCT Minister Wike Reveals Why Adeleke Won Osun Governorship Election

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria