• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, February 19, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

N4trn Lost To Sit-at-Home Order In South East In 2 Years – Kalu

Kalu said the situation observed every Monday in the region in the five states of Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi and Imo had crippled businesses and stifled opportunities for economic growth.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
July 15, 2023
in Crime Watch, Headline
0
 Kalu

 Kalu has revealed that N4trn has been lost to the sit-at-home order in South East in 2 Years.

 

Newsonline Nigeria reports that the deputy speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Benjamin Kalu, has said about N4 trillion had been lost to the stay-at-home order in the South-East region within the past two years.

 

This Nigeria News platform understands that Kalu stated that the situation observed every Monday in the region in the five states of Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi and Imo had crippled businesses and stifled opportunities for economic growth.

 

The deputy speaker spoke in a keynote address delivered at the ‘All Markets Conference 2023’ with the theme: “Catalysing Partnership with Traders through Innovation, Technology, Analytics & Sustainability” held in Lagos yesterday.

 

Kalu said the order had forced potential investors out of the South-East, adding that violence was alien to region and called for a collective efforts by all Igbo sons and daughters to end the menace.

He said: “The existential threat to Igbo entrepreneurship and businesses now is the insecurity and sit-at-home problem in the South-East. The mutation of this problem is largely unfathomable. It is becoming a cankerworm that is eating deep into our collective fortune as a people.

 

“We have to rise up to nip the problem in the bud. The first wave of the migration of Igbo businesses post-civil war was in the late 1980s and the 1990s, when, due to incessant kidnappings, thievery and a rise in occultism, Igbo businesses domiciled in Igboland moved en masse to other parts of Nigeria and the west & central African region to thrive.

 

“We are currently witnessing the second wave of such migration of Igbos businesses, this time around, due to the insecurity and the sit-at-home problem in our beloved region. Ummunnem, this is not us. We are not known for these. If I do not tell you these truths as your son, then it will be difficult for anyone in governance from Ala-Igbo to tell you.”

 

Kalu also called for the revival of Igbo apprenticeship system, a time tested practice which he said had produced successful business men and women, stressing that it should not be allowed to go into extinction.

 

He said he would be working with lawmakers from the South-East in the National Assembly committedly for the task of reinvigorating the zone.

Previous Post

NJC Recommends Ariwoola Junior, 22 Others For Appointment As Judges

Next Post

BREAKING: Suspended CBN Governor Emefiele Caught With Gun, Ammunition

Next Post
Emefiele

BREAKING: Suspended CBN Governor Emefiele Caught With Gun, Ammunition

Trending Stories

No Content Available

Latest Stories

Rivers Assembly

BREAKING: Rivers Assembly Suspends Fubara Impeachment After Tinubu’s Intervention

Wema Bank

Wema Bank Announces 2026 International Women’s Day Grand Event for March 4

Tinubu

Tinubu Orders Direct Remittance of Oil and Gas Revenues to Federation Account, Cuts NNPC Deductions

Electoral Act 2026

President Tinubu Signs Controversial New Electoral Act 2026 Into Law Amid Protests

Unity Bank–Providus Bank Merger

Unity Bank–Providus Bank Merger on Track After Shareholders’ Approval, Meets CBN N200bn Capital Requirement

Jim Ovia

Zenith Bank Disowns ‘Wealth Bridge’ Investment Scheme, Warns Public Over Fake Jim Ovia Endorsement Video

FairMoney

“How FairMoney is Powering the Next Generation of Nigerian SMEs” By James Edeh

Nnamdi Kanu

‘Ooni Planning Title For Igboho’ – Monarch Urges Tinubu to Release Nnamdi Kanu or Return Him to UK, Kenya

Ash Wednesday

Nigeria Begins Ramadan 1447AH as NSCIA Confirms Crescent Moon, Christians Mark Ash Wednesday

Temu

NDPC Orders Investigation into Temu Over Alleged Nigeria Data Protection Act Violations

NewsOnline Nigeria

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: [email protected]

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria