ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 31, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Top Stories

JUST IN: FG prevails on Maritime workers to cancel indefinite strike

President-General of MWUN, Prince Adewale Adeyanju, in a statement on Monday night, said an agreement had been reached with the government and the strike would no longer hold.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
October 3, 2023
in Top Stories
0
Maritime workers

FG has prevailed on Maritime workers to cancel the indefinite strike.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Executive Members of the Maritime Workers Union of Nigeria (MWUN) have directed their members to resume work at the nation’s seaports and oil and gas platform.

 

Last week, the union had earlier ordered the closure of all the nation’s Seaports, Jetties, Oil & Gas platforms and Terminals in compliance with the organized labour’s directive on the indefinite strike which was to commence on Tuesday, October 3.

 

President-General of MWUN, Prince Adewale Adeyanju, in a statement on Monday night, said an agreement had been reached with the government and the strike would no longer hold.

“The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) have jointly suspend the indefinite strike billed for October 3, 2023 following the removal of fuel subsidy.

 

“It would be recalled that the Nigeria Labour Congress had directed its affiliate member Unions across the country to mobilize and shut down the country following the refusal of government to adhere to the seven points demand made by the NLC and the TUC to ameliorate the suffering of the teeming Nigerian Workers and the impoverished masses of the country”, a statement signed by MWUN media head, Com John Kennedy Ikemefuna.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, and the Trade Union Congress, TUC, have suspended the indefinite strike scheduled to commence on Tuesday, October 3, 2023.

They made the announcement after a marathon meeting held between the unions and the Federal Government.

 

ALSO: Complete List of 15-point agreement signed by FG, NLC and TUC to end strike

 

The action was suspended for 30 days to allow the government to implement some of its promises.

 

A memorandum of understanding issued after the meeting was signed by Comrade Joe Ajaero, President NLC, Comrade (Engr) Festus Osifo, TUC President, Comrade Emmanuel Ugboaja, General Secretary NLC and Comrade Nuhu A. Toro, Secretary General, TUC.

 

On the side of the government were: H.E. Simon Bako Lalong, Honourable Minister of Labour and Employment, Hon. Dr Nkeiruka Onyejeocha, Honourable Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Mallam Mohammed Idris and Honourable Minister of Information and National Orientation.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

UPDATED: NLC, TUC suspend nationwide strike for 30 days

Next Post

Nigeria News: Trending News Today, NewsOnline Newspapers – Tuesday 3 Oct. 2023

Next Post
Nigeria News

Nigeria News: Trending News Today, NewsOnline Newspapers – Tuesday 3 Oct. 2023

Trending Stories

Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead

BREAKING: Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead, How Arase Died In Abuja Hospital

Peter Obi

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Minister Wike

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Jason Benson Biography

Jason Benson Biography: OfficialJaceBen Music, Age, Genre, Wikipedia, Family

Senator Kabiru Marafa

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

Maritime workers

JUST IN: FG prevails on Maritime workers to cancel indefinite strike

Baltasar Engonga Wife Sex Video

Watch Viral Baltasar Engonga Wife Sex Video With Another Man Here

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Latest Stories

Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead

BREAKING: Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead, How Arase Died In Abuja Hospital

El-Rufai

ADC: Police Launch Probe After Violence Erupts at Alleged El-Rufai Political Gathering

Kabiru Marafa

Shockwaves in Northern Politics: Kabiru Marafa, Allies Dump APC Over Injustice and Security Failures

Budget Office DG

Naira Rebounds on Oil Receipts, Diaspora Remittances, and FX Reforms – Budget Office DG

Naira

Naira Gains Slightly Against Dollar Amid Rising Diaspora Remittances and FX Inflows

Speaker Abbas

BREAKING: Speaker Abbas Orders Probe Into Alleged Unfair Recruitment in House of Reps

U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Nigeria

U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Nigeria to Close September 1 for Labor Day

Cutix Q1 Profit

Cutix Q1 Profit Plunges 81% Amid Rising Input and Finance Costs

PadHer

PadHer Secures $140,000 Grant to Scale Menstrual Health Education in Ghana

NDLEA

NDLEA Intercepts Over 500,000 Opioid Pills, Destroys 71.5-Hectare Cannabis Farm in Nationwide Raids

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria