ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

FBI: Phrank Shaibu Accuses Tinubu Government of Plots To Gag Media

Shaibu said in a statement on Sunday that NBC had been watching as media platforms like Television Continental (TVC) had been constantly attacking Atiku and had refused to even air opposition views.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
October 8, 2023
in Headline, Politics
0
Phrank Shaibu

Phrank Shaibu has accused the Tinubu Government of plots to gag the Nigeria media ahead of the release of FBI files.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar’s Special Assistant on Public Communication, Phrank Shaibu, has alleged that the administration of President Bola Tinubu-led administration has perfected a sinister plot to gag the media ahead of the release of the records containing his investigations by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

 

This Nigeria news platform reports that Phrank Shaibu claimed that the threat by the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) to sanction Arise Television News was only the tip of the iceberg.

 

ALSO: PENGASSAN Confirms Return of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu Government

 

Shaibu said in a statement on Sunday that NBC had been watching as media platforms like Television Continental (TVC) had been constantly attacking Atiku and had refused to even air opposition views.

 

He said that Tinubu’s administration had become frustrated with the Chicago State University scandal and was planning a massive offensive in the coming days.

 

Shaibu added, “Back in February, NBC tried to show a bit of fairness and fined TVC for unprofessional broadcasts, including the airing of the Joint Media Directorate of the APC Presidential Campaign Council press briefing, where Festus Keyamo said Obasanjo and Atiku ran a criminal enterprise and an empire of fraud in Abuja.

 

“However, since Tinubu became president on May 29, the NBC has become more partisan than ever. The NBC boss, Balarabe Ilelah, is obviously seeking to retain his appointment and is now dancing to the tune of the APC and their master at the Presidential Villa.

 

“The NBC has now been co-opted into a grand plot to gag the media over Tinubu’s certificate scandal. Having lost the battle in the court of public opinion, they are now trying to use the powers of the state to browbeat the media into silence. This is indeed shameful for a man who claimed to be a hero of the June 12 struggle.”

 

Shaibu noted that this is not the time for the Nigerian media to show any weakness.

He stressed that the trove of documents that the FBI was set to release this month would expose details of the investigation on Tinubu.

 

Atiku’s aide added that the dissemination of this information must not be left to social media alone. The media must rise up to its role as the watchdog of society as enshrined in Section 22 of the 1999 constitution.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

PENGASSAN Confirms Return of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu Government

Next Post

Comedian AY Apologises To Davido For His Insensitive Joke In Warri

Next Post
Davido

Comedian AY Apologises To Davido For His Insensitive Joke In Warri

Trending Stories

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Nigeria Immigration Service

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Phrank Shaibu

FBI: Phrank Shaibu Accuses Tinubu Government of Plots To Gag Media

Amaechi

Amaechi Declares 2027 Presidential Ambition Under ADC, Vows Not to Step Down For Atiku, Obi

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Latest Stories

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

GCEO Ojulari

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

ASUU

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Peter Obi

Peter Obi Condemns Hike in International Passport Fees

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike as Group CEO, Bolaji Agbede Reverts to Executive Director Role

Zoho

Zoho Unveils Proprietary Zia LLM, Expands AI Suite with Agents and Studio Tools

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria