Crime Watch

BREAKING: Soludo Speaks On Plot To Assassinate Peter Obi After Nigeria Elections

A viral message on social media alleged the one-time Central Bank of Nigeria Governor had been contracted to eliminate Obi.

Governor Soludo has spoken on an alleged plot to assassinate Peter Obi after the Nigeria elections.

 

 

NewsOnline reports that Anambra State Governor Charles Soludo has countered the allegation linking him to a plot on the life of Peter Obi.

 

The businessman and former Anambra governor is the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP.

 

A viral message on social media alleged the one-time Central Bank of Nigeria Governor had been contracted to eliminate Obi.

 

ALSO: Governor Wike Mocks Atiku Over Protest To INEC Headquarters

 

The information said a helicopter entered Awka by 1:30am and took Soludo to a secret meeting at the Imo Government House in Owerri.

 

“The agenda is Obi and how to stop him physically, politically and otherwise. Soludo was given $5million and Soludo promised to eliminate Peter Obi..” it claimed.

 

On Monday in Awka, Soludo’s Press Secretary, Chris Aburime stated that the governor would never collude to harm any lawful citizen.

 

The spokesperson said despite political differences, Soludo was a brother and friend of Obi as well as “the father of all”.

 

“He has a good heart towards everybody. I am surprised that people can concoct this type of blackmail against him,” NAN quoted him.

 

“There is no iota of truth…he did not go to Owerri and he was not offered money to harm anyone, not even his brother, an illustrious son of Anambra.”

 

Aburime said the Governor wishes the LP flagbearer well and appreciates Anambra voters “for supporting him massively”.

 

The aide recalled Soludo predicted Obi’s victory in the state, adding that the calm atmosphere during the election “speaks a lot” about his peaceful nature.

NewsOnline Nigeria

Recent Posts

  • 2027 Election
  • Headline

BREAKING: Jonathan, AGF Move to Strike Out Suit Challenging 2027 Election Eligibility

Jonathan and AGF have moved to strike out suit challenging his 2027 election eligibility.  …

2 days ago
  • Top Stories

Impact Investors Foundation Unveils GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in Lagos

Impact Investors Foundation has unveiled GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in…

2 days ago
  • Profiles & Biographies

Ayobami Celebrates Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact

Ayobami has celebrated Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact.  …

3 days ago
  • Brands & Marketing

Union Bank Marks 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in Lagos

Union Bank has marked 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in…

4 days ago
  • Brands & Marketing

Sterling Financial Deepens Market Confidence as Assets Cross ₦4tn, Profit Jumps 53% in Q1 2026

Sterling Financial has deepened market confidence as assets cross ₦4tn and profit jumped 53% in…

4 days ago
  • Politics
  • Top Stories

Tinubu Presidency Knocks Peter Obi Over Rwanda Trip Comments, Says Diplomacy Not ‘Reality TV’

Tinubu Presidency has knocked Peter Obi over Rwanda trip comments.   NewsOnline Nigeria reports that…

4 days ago