ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Economy And Business

BREAKING: President Tinubu Suspends Buhari’s Npower Program Indefinitely

Betta Edu said the decision was birthed by some irregularities within the scheme, noting that the government has launched an investigation into the utilization of funds since the program began.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
October 7, 2023
in Economy And Business, Headline
0
Sadiya Umar-Farouk

Sadiya Umar-Farouk

President Tinubu has suspended Buhari’s Npower Program indefinitely.

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Federal Government led by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has announced the indefinite suspension of the Npower program introduced by the Muhammadu Buhari administration.

This Nigeria news platform understands that the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Betta Edu, made the announcement while featuring on a TVC news program on Saturday, October 7, 2023.

 

ALSO: Telecoms FDIs Decline to $25.81m in Q2 2023, Operators Blame Tinubu Government

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that Betta Edu said the decision was birthed by some irregularities within the scheme, noting that the government has launched an investigation into the utilization of funds since the program began.

 

The Minister claimed that some of the beneficiaries are not found in their place of assignment yet they expect monthly stipends. According to her, some of the beneficiaries ought to have exited the program in 2022 but are still on the payroll.

 

She said, “We must go back to look into N-Power and understand what the problems are so we will basically suspend the programe for now until we are done with proper investigation into the utilization of fund into the N-Power program.

“We want to know how many persons are basically on the program right now, how many persons are owed, amount they are owed. We are totally restructuring the N-Power and expanding it.

 

“There are lots going on. We met people who are supposed to have exited the program since last year and they are still on claiming that they are still teaching.

“Sometimes we contact the school or the places where they are working and they are not there. They are not working yet they keep claiming that they are being owed eight or nine months stipends.

 

“About 80 percent of them are not working yet they are claiming salaries”.

Meanwhile, NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the NPower Program was launched by the administration of former President Muhammadu Buhari to address the issue of youth unemployment and help increase social development.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Marlian President, Naira Marley Cooling Off At Panti D4

Next Post

BREAKING: Atiku Files Fresh Evidence Against Tinubu’s Victory At Supreme Court

Next Post
Atiku Abubakar

BREAKING: Atiku Files Fresh Evidence Against Tinubu’s Victory At Supreme Court

Trending Stories

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Nigeria Immigration Service

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Sadiya Umar-Farouk

BREAKING: President Tinubu Suspends Buhari’s Npower Program Indefinitely

Amaechi

Amaechi Declares 2027 Presidential Ambition Under ADC, Vows Not to Step Down For Atiku, Obi

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Latest Stories

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

GCEO Ojulari

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

ASUU

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Peter Obi

Peter Obi Condemns Hike in International Passport Fees

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike as Group CEO, Bolaji Agbede Reverts to Executive Director Role

Zoho

Zoho Unveils Proprietary Zia LLM, Expands AI Suite with Agents and Studio Tools

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria