ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, August 20, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

BREAKING: President Dissolves Cabinet, Sets Date For Fresh Elections

Despite winning the presidency in March with 54.28% of the vote, Faye’s party, the African Patriots of Senegal for Work, Ethics, and Fraternity, currently holds a minority position in the 165-seat National Assembly.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
September 13, 2024
in Headline
0
Bala Muhammad

President has dissolved his cabinet and announced a date for fresh election.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that President Bassirou Faye of Senegal has announced the dissolution of the National Assembly, setting the stage for new legislative elections scheduled for November 17.

 

In a national address, Faye disclosed that after consulting with the Constitutional Council, the Prime Minister, and the President of the National Assembly, he reached the decision to dissolve the legislative body.

 

“After consulting the Constitutional Council on the right date, the prime minister and the president of the National Assembly on the appropriateness, I dissolve the National Assembly.

 

ALSO: IPMAN Gives Fresh Condition To Buy Petrol From Dangote Refinery

“I announce that the legislative elections will be held on Nov. 17,” Faye said.

Despite winning the presidency in March with 54.28% of the vote, Faye’s party, the African Patriots of Senegal for Work, Ethics, and Fraternity, currently holds a minority position in the 165-seat National Assembly.

 

The majority is controlled by the coalition of outgoing president Macky Sall.

 

Faye expressed frustration, stating that the National Assembly’s majority had been using its power to block his initiatives, prompting the decision to call for new elections.

Previous Post

BREAKING: IPMAN Gives Fresh Condition To Buy Petrol From Dangote Refinery

Next Post

BREAKING: Inspector General Of Police Sentenced To Six Months Imprisonment

Next Post
Chief of Staff

BREAKING: Inspector General Of Police Sentenced To Six Months Imprisonment

Trending Stories

Bala Muhammad

BREAKING: President Dissolves Cabinet, Sets Date For Fresh Elections

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

Ann Mbene, founder and weight loss consultant at HueBeautyGlam

Ann Mbene On Breaking The Weight Loss Stigma in Nigeria

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

Abel Enitan

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service of the Federation

Onaiyekan

Onaiyekan Defies Presidency, Says ‘I’m Not Afraid of Anybody’ Over Tinubu Meeting Remarks

NELFUND Student Loans

Tinubu Directs EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends to Fund NELFUND Student Loans

South Africa

BREAKING: FG Orders South Africa to End Xenophobic Attacks Against Nigerians

Latest Stories

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan

US-Based Jeweller Accuses House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan of Owing $5,200

Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola

EFCC Arraigns Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola Over Alleged ₦990m Forex Fraud

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

UK

UK Warns Citizens Against Travel to Abuja, 30 Nigerian States (FULL LIST)

Fuel Subsidy

BREAKING: Tinubu Government Blasts Atiku Over Plan to Restore Fuel Subsidy

Atiku

“How I Saved Obasanjo From Alleged Death Plot in Prison” – Atiku

FCMB Access Credentials Deal

EFCC Arraigns Two Over Alleged $15,000 FCMB Access Credentials Deal

NELFUND Student Loans

Tinubu Directs EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends to Fund NELFUND Student Loans

Onaiyekan

Onaiyekan Defies Presidency, Says ‘I’m Not Afraid of Anybody’ Over Tinubu Meeting Remarks

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria