
Peter Obi
NewsOnline reports that Peter Obi, the Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate in the 2023 general elections, has broken his silence a day after the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, declared Bola Ahmed Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress, APC, as the president-elect.
Obi said the result of the election was programmed and announced in a clear violation of electoral rules and guidelines, as promised.
He also said it would go down as one of the most controversial elections in the history of Nigeria.
Obi spoke to Nigerians and the international community on Thursday afternoon in a world press conference, his first public appearance since the conduct of the February 25 presidential and the National Assembly elections.
The former Anambra State governor said Nigerians had been robbed by supposed leaders whom they trusted.
Recall that the INEC declared Tinubu as having won the presidential election on Wednesday.
The electoral body has also issued Tinubu the certificate of return.
”The results of the election, as programmed and announced, is a clear violation of electoral rules and guidelines, as promised by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC. It will go down as one of the most controversial elections in the history of Nigeria.
“Nigerians have been robbed by supposed leaders whom they trusted,” Obi said.
Ayobami has celebrated Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact. …
Union Bank has marked 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in…
Sterling Financial has deepened market confidence as assets cross ₦4tn and profit jumped 53% in…
Tinubu Presidency has knocked Peter Obi over Rwanda trip comments. NewsOnline Nigeria reports that…
President Tinubu has confirmed the killing of top ISIS Leader Abu-Bilal Al-Manuki in joint Nigeria-US…
APC has released full list of ‘not cleared’ House of Reps aspirants ahead of 2027…