Headline

BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To UN Letter To Nigeria, Kenya

Nnamdi Kanu has reacted to UN Letter to Nigeria and Kenya.

 

 

Newsonline reports that Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) “is happy” with the United Nations (UN’s) stance regarding how he was arrested in Kenya and brought to Nigeria in June, one of Kanu’s lawyers, Barrister Aloy Ejimakor said on Tuesday.

 

BREAKING: UN Queries Buhari Government Over Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial

 

This online newspaper understands that the UN earlier today raised concerns on the detainment of Kanu by the Department of State Services (DSS) and his treatment in their custody.

 

The UN said it received information on allegations of enforced disappearance, arbitrary detention, torture, and ill-treatment of Kanu by Kenyan Security Officials, as well as his “illegal rendition” to Nigeria to face trial for terrorism-related charges, which were believed to be linked to his leadership of the controversial IPOB organization.

 

It added that since his rendition to Nigeria, Kanu, a Nigerian-British citizen had been denied necessary medical treatment for his underlying illness.

 

Giving update on his routine visit to Kanu, Ejimakor relayed Kanu’s message to the Biafra activist’s supporters, saying he salutes his brother, Kanunta Kanu and London-based law firm, Bindmans LLP. Bindmans LLP had been instructed by Kanu’s family to request that the British government provides consular assistance to Kanu and urgently take steps to intervene in his ongoing detention. Bindmans had written to the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) requesting consular assistance for Kanu.

 

ALSO: Yahaya Bello Boasts Of Winning 2023 Presidential Election Come May 29, 2023

 

“I just concluded a visitation with #Onyendu. He salutes all Umuchineke for remaining focused on the mission of the moment. He’s happy with the ‘Urgent Appeals’ issued by the UN against Nigeria & Kenya & salutes @MaziKanuntaKanu & Bindmans for their efforts in this regard,” Ejimakor wrote on his known Twitter handle.

 

The date of his next trial in Abuja is November 10.

NewsOnline Nigeria

Recent Posts

  • 2027 Election
  • Headline

BREAKING: Jonathan, AGF Move to Strike Out Suit Challenging 2027 Election Eligibility

Jonathan and AGF have moved to strike out suit challenging his 2027 election eligibility.  …

9 hours ago
  • Top Stories

Impact Investors Foundation Unveils GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in Lagos

Impact Investors Foundation has unveiled GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in…

10 hours ago
  • Profiles & Biographies

Ayobami Celebrates Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact

Ayobami has celebrated Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact.  …

2 days ago
  • Brands & Marketing

Union Bank Marks 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in Lagos

Union Bank has marked 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in…

2 days ago
  • Brands & Marketing

Sterling Financial Deepens Market Confidence as Assets Cross ₦4tn, Profit Jumps 53% in Q1 2026

Sterling Financial has deepened market confidence as assets cross ₦4tn and profit jumped 53% in…

2 days ago
  • Politics
  • Top Stories

Tinubu Presidency Knocks Peter Obi Over Rwanda Trip Comments, Says Diplomacy Not ‘Reality TV’

Tinubu Presidency has knocked Peter Obi over Rwanda trip comments.   NewsOnline Nigeria reports that…

2 days ago