• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Monday, February 16, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Exchange Rates

BREAKING: FG Speaks On Sacking Civil Servants With Benin Republic, Togo University Certificates

“I appeal to the government to reconsider the sacking by creating an opening for them to make up with a Nigerian degree through the open university system.”

by NewsOnline Nigeria
November 23, 2024
in Exchange Rates, Headline, Tech, Top Stories
0
President Tinubu

President Tinubu

FG has spoken on sacking civil servants with Benin Republic and Togo University Certificates.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Federal Government has debunked reports that it has begun sacking workers with degrees from unaccredited universities in Benin Republic and Togo.

 

These rumours surfaced following comments from former Senator Shehu Sani, who claimed that many individuals who graduated from these institutions and are now employed have been affected by the alleged sackings.

 

Sani wrote on X, “Thousands of guys who graduated from the Benin Republic universities, got jobs and married with kids are the ones hardest hit with this mass sacking by the FG.

 

ALSO: Governor Okpebholo Appoints Sulaiman Aledeh New MD Of EBS TV, Radio

 

“I appeal to the government to reconsider the sacking by creating an opening for them to make up with a Nigerian degree through the open university system.”

 

However, a representative from the Federal Civil Service Commission confirmed that no such mass sacking are taking place.

 

The Commission clarified that it had not received any formal recommendations for such actions and assured that any future decisions would be based on official processes.

 

He said, “At our end, there is no disengagement for now. They have to push it to us, or maybe when they get to us, there’s another round of sitting to look at it.

“At times, they can invite those people involved. You know the procedures. So if they recommend that from where it’s coming from, we will consider it.

 

“The Commission holds the power to employ, transfer, dismiss, discipline, and promote. If you ask me if we are dismissing now, I will say no.

 

“We have not dismissed anybody, and this is based on what I know at this moment. Disengagement is not something hidden.”

 

Earlier this year, a government investigation revealed that over 22,000 Nigerians had obtained fake degrees from unrecognised universities in Benin and Togo.

 

The report revealed that many of these individuals bypassed mandatory one year NYSC scheme, making it hard to identify them.

 

Head of the panel, Prof. Jubril Aminu, while commenting on the outcome of the investigation said:

“Sadly, these people have used the fake certificates to apply and secure job opportunities in government and private organisations with the mindset that they schooled abroad, while people who studied day and night are out there looking for job opportunities.

 

“Even within the countries, Benin and Togo, these universities are not accredited to offer degree programs. I don’t know how Nigerians chose to go to unaccredited institutions abroad to ‘study’. Our investigations also indicated that many of the people never even attended the school physically.”

Previous Post

BREAKING: Governor Okpebholo Appoints Sulaiman Aledeh New MD Of EBS TV, Radio

Next Post

BREAKING: Tinubu Government Moves To Extradite Simon Ekpa Suffers Major Setback

Next Post
Simon Ekpa

BREAKING: Tinubu Government Moves To Extradite Simon Ekpa Suffers Major Setback

Trending Stories

No Content Available

Latest Stories

National Assembly

National Assembly Reconvenes, Considers Shifting 2027 Presidential Election Date to Feb 13

Peter Obi

Peter Obi Insists Votes Must Count in 2027 Elections, Warns Against Electoral Rigging

US Military Aircraft

BREAKING: US Military Aircraft Drops Ammo in Borno, Other Northeastern States

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Demands Clarification from NSA Over Alleged Thallium Sulphate Procurement

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Alleges Uba Sani, Nuhu Ribadu Plotted His ‘Abduction’ Over DSS Airport Incident

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Urges Opposition Unity to Unseat Tinubu in 2027 Amid Failed Airport Abduction Controversy

Sunday Igboho

Sunday Igboho Urges Nnamdi Kanu to Embrace Dialogue with Federal Government After Ending Sit-at-Home Order

Trump Administration

Trump Administration Orders 100–200 Monthly Denaturalisation Reviews, Targets Citizenship Fraud Cases

Tunji-Ojo

Court Grants Activist Leave to Probe Tunji-Ojo’s WAEC Certificate, Rejects NYSC Inquiry Request

2027 Presidential Election Date

BREAKING: INEC Announces 2027 Presidential Election Date, Releases Full Timetable

NewsOnline Nigeria

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: [email protected]

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria