Categories: Headline

BREAKING: FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike Threatens To Destroy Abuja Houses

Wike, who took his oath of office alongside 44 other newly appointed Ministers of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, gave the warning during a press briefing at the office of the FCT Minister in Garki, Abuja, on Monday.

FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike has threatened to destroy Abuja Houses.

 

 Newsonline Nigeria reports that the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has vowed to demolish houses illegally constructed within the nation’s capital, no matter whose property will be affected.

 

 Wike, who took his oath of office alongside 44 other newly appointed Ministers of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, gave the warning during a press briefing at the office of the FCT Minister in Garki, Abuja, on Monday. 

 

The FCT Minister said houses that had been built to distort the Abuja Masterplan, as well as built on green areas, will also be demolished, no matter who it did or did not belong to.

 

“All those people who are distorting the Masterplan of Abuja, too bad. If you know you have built where you are not supposed to build, it will go down.

 

“Be you a Minister of anywhere, be you an ambassador, if you know you have developed where you were not supposed to develop, your house must go down. Those who have taken over the green areas to build, sorry, our parks must come back, the green areas must come back. If you hate green, you must hate yourself,” Wike said.

 

While responding to questions as to whether his threatened demolition will be used as a form of vendetta against his enemies, Wike said, “Say the truth, you don’t like those who step on toes. I will step on toes. The big and mighty, I will step on them. If you are doing what is wrong, I will do what I am supposed to do”, noting that his task was to return the FCT to what it used to be, rather than as a witch hunt against anyone.

 More details later…

NewsOnline Nigeria

Recent Posts

  • 2027 Election
  • Headline

BREAKING: Jonathan, AGF Move to Strike Out Suit Challenging 2027 Election Eligibility

Jonathan and AGF have moved to strike out suit challenging his 2027 election eligibility.  …

1 day ago
  • Top Stories

Impact Investors Foundation Unveils GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in Lagos

Impact Investors Foundation has unveiled GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in…

1 day ago
  • Profiles & Biographies

Ayobami Celebrates Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact

Ayobami has celebrated Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact.  …

3 days ago
  • Brands & Marketing

Union Bank Marks 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in Lagos

Union Bank has marked 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in…

3 days ago
  • Brands & Marketing

Sterling Financial Deepens Market Confidence as Assets Cross ₦4tn, Profit Jumps 53% in Q1 2026

Sterling Financial has deepened market confidence as assets cross ₦4tn and profit jumped 53% in…

3 days ago
  • Politics
  • Top Stories

Tinubu Presidency Knocks Peter Obi Over Rwanda Trip Comments, Says Diplomacy Not ‘Reality TV’

Tinubu Presidency has knocked Peter Obi over Rwanda trip comments.   NewsOnline Nigeria reports that…

3 days ago