
Halima Shehu
NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has released the suspended National Coordinator and Chief Executive Officer of the National Social Investment Programme Agency, (NSIPA) Halima Shehu.
This Nigeria news platform understands that in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday, the EFCC Spokesperson, Dele Oyewale, said Shehu was released after questioning.
Recall that the EFCC is investigating a significant financial scandal, allegedly involving a N37.1 billion fraud during the tenure of the former Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development, Sadiya Umar-Farouq, reportedly linked to a contractor named James Okwete.
Halima was arrested in connection with the ongoing probe of the humanitarian affairs ministry.
Oyewale revealed that the suspended NSIPA boss was released and directed to be coming to the EFCC office for interrogation until the end of the investigation.
“She was the National Coordinator in charge of the Conditional Cash Transfer Programme under the Ministry during Buhari’s tenure, and she has been queried over some of the money that left the ministry’s coffers through her,” he said.
NewsOnline Nigeria had earlier reported that President Tinubu suspended Shehu from her position on Tuesday over alleged corruption, and she was thereafter taken into EFCC’s custody.
Before being appointed NSIPA CEO, Shehu was the National Coordinator of the Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) programme under the Muhammadu Buhari administration.
Jonathan and AGF have moved to strike out suit challenging his 2027 election eligibility. …
Impact Investors Foundation has unveiled GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in…
Ayobami has celebrated Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact. …
Union Bank has marked 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in…
Sterling Financial has deepened market confidence as assets cross ₦4tn and profit jumped 53% in…
Tinubu Presidency has knocked Peter Obi over Rwanda trip comments. NewsOnline Nigeria reports that…