• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

BREAKING: Doren Hospital Says BBNaija Rico Swavey Was Drunk In Official Statement

The hospital further said it immediately referred the victim to Evercare Hospital in Lekki Phase.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
October 14, 2022
in Crime Watch, Headline
0
Doren Hospital

Doren Hospital has revealed that BBNaija Rico Swavey was drunk in an official statement.

 

Newsonline reports that Doren Hospital has released a statement addressing the viral video of Rico Swavey captured in his unconscious state.

This online newspaper had earlier published a report containing a video of Doren Hospital medical staff who reportedly recorded a video of Big Brother Naija season 3 housemate, Rico Swavey (real name, Patrick Fakoya) on oxygen.

ALSO: No Peace In PDP Until Ayu Resigns, Atiku Didn’t Implement Our Agreement- Wike

The video which has since formed the basis for heated reactions online has so garnered widespread condemnation from members of the public and netizens who also took turns sharing their ugly experiences at various other hospitals including Lagos University Teaching Hospital – LUTH and others.

 

In the Rico Swavey video seen by this reporter, it was observed that the nurses were attempting to carry him on a bed in his unconscious state when someone recorded the video.

 

Since the video was released Doren Hospital had come under severe attack in several social media communities, but the hospital has given insight into the unpalatable incident, including exonerating its staff of any wrong doing nor recording any video as being portrayed in the media.

In the statement, Doren Hospital noted that although Rico Swavey was admitted into the emergency care unit of the hospital, medical staff administered first aid, and the good Samaritans who brought him in were told of the severity of the situation and the need for urgent neurosurgeon review.

 

The hospital further said it immediately referred the victim to Evercare Hospital in Lekki Phase.

 

The statement said a detailed referral letter was written and given to the relations who reluctantly received the letter after much persuasion. But before leaving the hospital, one Mrs. Ify Helen Eze and a good Samaritan who brought in the victim decided to make a video to exonerate themselves from being implicated as being responsible for the patient’s condition.

 

However, an alarming part of the statement was where it stated that Rico Swavey was brought in unconscious with Glasgow comma of 3/15 smelling of alcohol, implying that he was drunk at the time of the accident.
A review of the photograph and video of Rico’s car at the scene of the accident showed that he was probably drunk when he rammed into the median on the major road.

Rico Swavey was drunk, Doren Hospital says, releases official statement

Doren-Hospital-statement-on-Rico

 

 

The reality TV star got involved in an accident on Tuesday.

A fellow ex-housemate in Big Brother Naija Season 3, Alex Asogwa, who shared the news on her Twitter page on Tuesday, said doctors were trying to resuscitate him.

Rico Swavey, however, succumbed to death following the degree of injuries he sustained from the auto accident on Thursday morning.

Previous Post

OPPO Launches Reno8 Featuring A Powerful Imaging System, Game Optimization

Next Post

BREAKING: PDP Chairman Ayu Replies Wike On N1bn Bribe Allegation

Next Post
Wike

BREAKING: PDP Chairman Ayu Replies Wike On N1bn Bribe Allegation

Trending Stories

No Content Available

Latest Stories

GTBank

GTBank Launches Quick Airtime Loan at 2.95% via *737#, Offering Instant Airtime Credit Up to ₦10,000

Electoral Fraud

“Nigeria Is Bleeding Under the Weight of Electoral Fraud” By Festus Edovia

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Detained by EFCC Over N432bn Fraud, Faces Cybercrime Charges for ‘Bugging’ NSA Ribadu’s Phone

Lagos

Lagos Govt to Deploy Surveillance Drones, Partners Air Force and Police to Boost Security

Jimoh

Jimoh Decorates Newly Promoted ASPs, Urges Professionalism and Service Excellence

CBN MPC Meeting

65% of Nigerians Want Lower Lending Rates Ahead of CBN MPC Meeting, Survey Shows

UBA

UBA Launches Integrated Diaspora Banking and Investment Platform to Boost African Global Capital Flows

Sterling HoldCo

Sterling HoldCo Confirms Full Recapitalisation of Sterling Bank, AltBank After CBN Approval

Jesse Jackson Is Dead

BREAKING: US Civil Rights Leader Reverend Jesse Jackson Is Dead

President Tinubu

BREAKING: Tinubu Calls for Africa-Owned Credit Rating Agency in Financial Times Op-Ed

NewsOnline Nigeria

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: [email protected]

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria