
Boko Haram Terrorists
NewsOnline Nigeria reports that men in military uniform suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists have reportedly killed 12 persons and abducted one in Gatamarwa and Tsiha communities in Chibok Local Government Area of Borno State.
Confirming the attack, the Police Public Relations Officer, Borno State Command, ASP Nahum Daso Kenneth, said 12 corpses were recovered.
He said: “The gunmen shot sporadically at the people in the two communities. So far, 12 corpses were recovered and two were injured.”
The security agency spokesperson said the police commissioner and other security heads had ordered discreet investigation into the matter to bring the perpetrators to book.
The terrorists reportedly stormed the community of Gatamarwa around 5 pm on Monday during the New Year celebration.
Sources told Daily Trust on Tuesday that insurgents carrying weapons stormed the communities in large number.
“The insurgents who were heavily armed with AK-47 rifles, came on motorcycles, in Hilux vans and opened fire on mourners returning from Gatamarwa.
“They later attacked another Tsiha community near Shikarkir and killed three people and abducted a young lady. They burnt houses after looting their foodstuffs,” he said.
NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the latest attack came barely two weeks after the insurgents perpetrated a similar attack in Chibok, where they killed two persons and looted foodstuff in some houses before settling them ablaze.
Ayobami has celebrated Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact. …
Union Bank has marked 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in…
Sterling Financial has deepened market confidence as assets cross ₦4tn and profit jumped 53% in…
Tinubu Presidency has knocked Peter Obi over Rwanda trip comments. NewsOnline Nigeria reports that…
President Tinubu has confirmed the killing of top ISIS Leader Abu-Bilal Al-Manuki in joint Nigeria-US…
APC has released full list of ‘not cleared’ House of Reps aspirants ahead of 2027…