ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, August 20, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

BREAKING: Police Threaten To Arrest Saturday’s One-Million-Man Protesters

The command said the two places approved for the protest remained the Isaac Bora Park and the Pleasure Park both along Aba Road in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
August 10, 2024
in Crime Watch, Headline
0
Rivers LG Poll

Police

Police have threatened to arrest Saturday’s one-million-man protesters.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that ahead of Saturday’s planned one-million-man march to end the #EndBadGovernance protest, the Rivers State Police Command vowed to arrest anyone protesting outside the designated venues.

 

The command said the two places approved for the protest remained the Isaac Bora Park and the Pleasure Park both along Aba Road in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

 

ALSO: Seyi Makinde Counters President Tinubu On Giving N570 Billion To 36 States

 

The police said the warning became imperative following a plot by some hoodlums who could not loot throughout the protest to use the final day to do so and cause mayhem in the state under the guise of a hunger protest.

 

The spokesman for the state police command, Grace Iringe-Koko, stated this in a statement issued in Port Harcourt, the state capital on Friday.

 

The statement read, “The Rivers State Police Command has been informed about the planned ‘One Million Man Protest’ scheduled to take place across the 36 states of Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory on Saturday, August 10, 2024.

 

“We are aware that some miscreants, who were previously prevented from engaging in looting and other criminal activities during the earlier days of the protest, have resolved to use this final day to harass innocent citizens, unleash mayhem, loot, and extort unsuspecting residents of the state.

“In light of this, the Commissioner of Police, Rivers State, Olatunji Disu, has directed all would-be protesters to converge at the designated areas of Abali Park and Pleasure Park to carry out the exercise.

“This will enable the police to effectively protect the protesters and curtail any breakdown of law and order in the state. The Command will not condone any protest or procession outside of these two designated areas.”

 

The command said it has placed all heads of tactical units and divisional heats on red in their various locations, saying it will not condone any act capable of causing a breach of the peace l.

 

“The Commissioner of Police has further instructed all Area Commanders, Divisional Police Officers and Tactical Team Commanders to implement robust patrol strategies and maintain close monitoring across their respective Areas of Responsibility.

 

“Their mandate is to apprehend and prosecute any individuals or groups found to be engaging in unlawful activities or causing disturbances. The Rivers State Police Command has demonstrated the highest level of professionalism in managing the protests over the past nine days, which has resulted in the state not recording any casualties.

 

“The command is committed to maintaining this record and will respond swiftly to any breach of law and order, without hesitation. The public is advised to refrain from any actions that may compromise the peace and security of the state. The Command is dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of all residents and will not tolerate any attempt to disrupt the public order,” the statement added.

Previous Post

BREAKING: Dangote Refinery, NUPRC Fight Dirty Over Crude Oil Allocation

Next Post

BREAKING: Obasanjo Seeks Arrest, Imprisonment Of Most Nigerian Leaders (FULL LIST)

Next Post
Obasanjo

BREAKING: Obasanjo Seeks Arrest, Imprisonment Of Most Nigerian Leaders (FULL LIST)

Trending Stories

Rivers LG Poll

BREAKING: Police Threaten To Arrest Saturday’s One-Million-Man Protesters

Ann Mbene, founder and weight loss consultant at HueBeautyGlam

Ann Mbene On Breaking The Weight Loss Stigma in Nigeria

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

Abel Enitan

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service of the Federation

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

NELFUND Student Loans

Tinubu Directs EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends to Fund NELFUND Student Loans

JAMB Past Questions

Download JAMB Past Questions & Answers PDF From 1983 Till Date [All Subjects]

Onaiyekan

Onaiyekan Defies Presidency, Says ‘I’m Not Afraid of Anybody’ Over Tinubu Meeting Remarks

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

Osasikemwen Ighile

Five Practical Holiday Saving Habits for Nigerian Households By Osasikemwen Ighile

Latest Stories

NELFUND Student Loans

Tinubu Directs EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends to Fund NELFUND Student Loans

Onaiyekan

Onaiyekan Defies Presidency, Says ‘I’m Not Afraid of Anybody’ Over Tinubu Meeting Remarks

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

South Africa

BREAKING: FG Orders South Africa to End Xenophobic Attacks Against Nigerians

Abel Enitan

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service of the Federation

Osasikemwen Ighile

Five Practical Holiday Saving Habits for Nigerian Households By Osasikemwen Ighile

Ann Mbene, founder and weight loss consultant at HueBeautyGlam

Ann Mbene On Breaking The Weight Loss Stigma in Nigeria

Zenith Bank

Zenith Bank Hosts 10th Non-Oil Export Seminar August 25, Unveils Global Speakers

US Judge

BREAKING: US Judge Sets August 21 Deadline in Tinubu Records FOIA Case

FCT Minister Wike

FCT Minister Wike Reveals Why Adeleke Won Osun Governorship Election

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria