Categories: Crime Watch Headline

Military Gives Total Account of Bomb Attack on Kaduna Community

the Defence Headquarters says the drone attack on the Ligarma community in Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna State on Sunday was based on information about untoward activities of terrorists in the area.

The military has given a total account of the Bomb Attack on Kaduna Community.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Defence Headquarters says the drone attack on the Ligarma community in Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna State on Sunday was based on information about untoward activities of terrorists in the area.

 

This is contained in a statement by the Director of Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. Edward Buba on Tuesday in Abuja.

 

SEE ALSO: Global Outrage As Nigerian Army Erroneously Bombs 150 Kaduna Villagers

 

Buba said the Nigerian Army Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) detachment had, at about 2200hrs on Sunday, observed the movement of terrorists at Ligarma, known to be a terrorist-infested area of Kaduna State.

He said the aerial surveillance captured the movement of groups of persons synonymous with the terrorist tactics and modus operandi.

Buba explained that the observed advance of the terrorist that was gathered posed a threat to key infrastructure within reach of their activities.

 

According to him, the threat was eliminated to prevent the terrorists from unleashing terror on innocent civilians.

 

“It should be noted that terrorists often deliberately embed themselves within civilian population centres for the civilian population to bear the consequences of their atrocities.

“Nevertheless, the Nigerian military does its best at all times to distinguish between civilians and terrorists.

“The military views every civilian death in the cause of operations as a tragedy as such tragedies are needless and unwanted, which causes the armed forces to take extensive measures to avoid them,” he said.

 

The Nigerian Army had denied involvement in the unfortunate attack that claimed the lives of over 100 villagers.

NewsOnline Nigeria

Recent Posts

  • 2027 Election
  • Headline

BREAKING: Hamzat Wins APC Ikeja Ward B Primaries With 2,441 Votes

Hamzat has won APC Ikeja Ward B Primaries with 2,441 votes.   NewsOnline Nigeria reports…

3 hours ago
  • Politics
  • Top Stories

Mascot Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Abia APC Governorship Race Ahead of 2027 Elections

Mascot Uzor Kalu has withdrawn from Abia APC Governorship Race ahead of 2027 elections.  …

3 hours ago
  • 2027 Election
  • Politics
  • Top Stories

Labour Party Petitions IGP, DSS Over Illegal Sale of Party Nomination Forms by Julius Abure

Labour Party has petitioned IGP and DSS over the illegal sale of party nomination forms…

3 hours ago
  • Brands & Marketing
  • Featured
  • Tech

Google Unveils Gemini-Powered AI Advertising, Commerce Tools at Marketing Live 2026

Google has unveiled Gemini-Powered AI Advertising and Commerce Tools at Marketing Live 2026.   NewsOnline…

8 hours ago
  • Brands & Marketing
  • Tech

Beyond the vibe: Bridging Africa’s Build Divide with Intelligent Infrastructure

Africa has always found its own way around barriers. When fixed-line banking proved too slow…

8 hours ago
  • Education
  • Top Stories

JAMB Releases 279 Previously Withheld UTME Results After Malpractice Investigation

JAMB has released 279 previously withheld UTME Results after malpractice investigation.   NewsOnline Nigeria reports…

8 hours ago