
Lai Mohammed said that FEC didn’t discuss Isa Pantami’s controversy during the meeting today.
NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting closed on Wednesday without discussing the controversies trailing the continued stay in office of Minister of Communication and Digital Economy, Dr. Ali Isa Pantami.
This online news platform understands that various groups had in the last few days called for Pantami’s sack or resignation.
The raging controversy around Pantami was over his alleged past positions on activities of extremist groups, Al-Qaeda and Taliban, which he was reported to have approved and commended.
However, State House Correspondents asked the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, if the FEC discussed the brewing crisis on Pantami’s case, especially as demands had been made by the public.
Mohammed had led the Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola to the State House media gallery for the post-FEC briefing.
Mohammed was asked whether the council discussed the matter and if the government was comfortable with its burden on its image.
Mohammed said: “I’m not going to go into the issue of whether government is comfortable or not. I will answer your question directly. It was not discussed at the council meeting.”
Hantavirus updates today, new cases, confirmed deaths, symptoms, affected countries, cruise ship outbreak developments, and…
Fubara has reportedly been forced out of Rivers APC Governorship Primary amid supremacy battle with…
Adewole Adebayo among 12 others have been expelled from Social Democratic Party. NewsOnline Nigeria…
Tonye Cole has withdrawn from Rivers APC Governorship Primary race. NewsOnline Nigeria reports that…
Jonathan and AGF have moved to strike out suit challenging his 2027 election eligibility. …
Impact Investors Foundation has unveiled GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in…