Education

2022 UTME: JAMB Registers 1.1 Million Candidates

2022 UTME, JAMB has registered 1.1 Million Candidates in ongoing JAMB Registration 2022.

 

 

Newsonline reports that the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has said it had registered 1,121,123 candidates for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) as of March 12.

 

READ ALSO: 2022 UTME: JAMB Issues Strong Warning Over JAMB Registration 2022

 

The board announced this in its Weekly Bulletin released by its Head of Media and Protocol, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, yesterday in Abuja.

 

It said the registration for the UTME and Direct Entry (DE), which started on February 19, will close on March 26 without an extension.

 

JAMB also said it had paid N600 million cumulative amount derived from the regulated N700 service charges for the registration to accredited Computer-Based Tests (CBT) centres.

 

The statement said: “JAMB had so far remitted over N600 million service charges to respective centres, in line with the cashless policy of the board, which represents the total number of candidates, multiplied by N700. This payment, however, excludes JAMB-owned CBT centres.

“The sum of N104,899,300 was paid in the first week of registration; N251,730,500 in the second week of registration and N332,150,700 was paid for last week’s registration.

“Cumulatively, more than N600 million had been paid to the CBT centres as centre charges.”

 

Also, in a bid to facilitate the smooth processing of profile codes and address the incessant reports of candidates being allocated programmes other than their preferred choices, JAMB has urged parents (particularly the elite), guardians and school proprietors to allow candidates to register for the board’s UTME/DE on their own.

 

It said the cashless policy was introduced to curb the excesses of some fraudulent CBT centres who would want to take advantage of hapless candidates.

NewsOnline Nigeria

Recent Posts

  • Featured
  • Health

Hantavirus Update Today — Latest Cases, Death Toll & Global Tracking

Hantavirus updates today, new cases, confirmed deaths, symptoms, affected countries, cruise ship outbreak developments, and…

6 hours ago
  • 2027 Election
  • Headline

BREAKING: Fubara Forced Out of Rivers APC Governorship Primary Amid Supremacy Battle With Wike

Fubara has reportedly been forced out of Rivers APC Governorship Primary amid supremacy battle with…

7 hours ago
  • Headline
  • Politics

BREAKING: Adewole Adebayo, 12 Others Expelled From Social Democratic Party (FULL LIST)

Adewole Adebayo among 12 others have been expelled from Social Democratic Party.   NewsOnline Nigeria…

8 hours ago
  • 2027 Election
  • Headline

BREAKING: Tonye Cole Withdraws From Rivers APC Governorship Primary Race

Tonye Cole has withdrawn from Rivers APC Governorship Primary race.   NewsOnline Nigeria reports that…

8 hours ago
  • 2027 Election
  • Headline

BREAKING: Jonathan, AGF Move to Strike Out Suit Challenging 2027 Election Eligibility

Jonathan and AGF have moved to strike out suit challenging his 2027 election eligibility.  …

2 days ago
  • Top Stories

Impact Investors Foundation Unveils GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in Lagos

Impact Investors Foundation has unveiled GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in…

2 days ago