• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

US Treasury Freezes Assets of Eight Nigerians Over Alleged Boko Haram, ISIL Links

OFAC said the publication serves as official notice of actions taken against individuals designated as Specially Designated Nationals (SDNs), whose property and interests under US jurisdiction are frozen as part of counter-terrorism and security enforcement measures.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
February 16, 2026
in Headline, World
0
US Treasury

US Treasury has frozen assets of eight Nigerians over alleged Boko Haram and ISIL Links.

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the United States has frozen the assets and properties of eight Nigerians accused of having links to Boko Haram and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), according to a newly released sanctions document.

The action was detailed in a February 10 publication by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), an agency of the United States Department of the Treasury. The 3,000-page document, titled Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List, outlines individuals and entities whose assets have been blocked under US sanctions programmes.

ALSO: FG Files Cybercrime Charges Against Nasir El-Rufai Over Alleged Interception of NSA Nuhu Ribadu’s Phone Calls

 

OFAC said the publication serves as official notice of actions taken against individuals designated as Specially Designated Nationals (SDNs), whose property and interests under US jurisdiction are frozen as part of counter-terrorism and security enforcement measures.

Among the Nigerians listed is Salih Yusuf Adamu, also known as Salihu Yusuf, who was previously convicted in the United Arab Emirates in 2022 alongside five others for establishing a Boko Haram cell to raise funds for insurgents in Nigeria. The group was found guilty of attempting to transfer $782,000 from Dubai to Nigeria.

Other individuals named include Babestan Oluwole Ademulero, designated under terrorism-related sanctions; Abu Abdullah ibn Umar Al-Barnawi; Abu Musab Al-Barnawi, identified as a Boko Haram leader; Khaled (Khalid) Al-Barnawi; Ibrahim Ali Alhassan; Abu Bakr ibn Muhammad ibn Ali Al-Mainuki, linked to ISIL; and Nnamdi Orson Benson, who was listed under cybercrime-related sanctions.

Under the sanctions, all property and interests belonging to the listed individuals within US jurisdiction are blocked. US persons are generally prohibited from engaging in financial transactions with them. The measures were taken pursuant to Executive Order 13224, which targets individuals and entities involved in terrorism.

The development follows recent recommendations by members of the US Congress for visa bans and asset freezes on certain Nigerian individuals and groups accused of religious freedom violations and persecution of Christians.

The US formally designated Boko Haram as a Foreign Terrorist Organization in 2013. According to the US State Department, the group has carried out deadly attacks in Nigeria’s northern and northeastern regions, as well as in parts of the Lake Chad Basin, resulting in thousands of deaths since 2009.

In October 2025, US President Donald Trump announced that Nigeria would again be placed on the US religious freedom watchlist as a “Country of Particular Concern,” citing allegations of persecution. Nigeria had previously been designated under Trump in 2020 before being removed from the list by former President Joe Biden.

Previous Post

NASS Approves N1.50tn 2026 Budget for Nigerian Army, Vows Timely Fund Release

Next Post

President Tinubu Vows to Sustain Economic Reforms, Praises Fintiri’s Infrastructure Projects

Next Post

President Tinubu Vows to Sustain Economic Reforms, Praises Fintiri’s Infrastructure Projects

Trending Stories

No Content Available

Latest Stories

BREAKING: Tinubu Calls for Africa-Owned Credit Rating Agency in Financial Times Op-Ed

President Tinubu Vows to Sustain Economic Reforms, Praises Fintiri’s Infrastructure Projects

US Treasury Freezes Assets of Eight Nigerians Over Alleged Boko Haram, ISIL Links

NASS Approves N1.50tn 2026 Budget for Nigerian Army, Vows Timely Fund Release

FG Files Cybercrime Charges Against Nasir El-Rufai Over Alleged Interception of NSA Nuhu Ribadu’s Phone Calls

National Assembly Reconvenes, Considers Shifting 2027 Presidential Election Date to Feb 13

Peter Obi Insists Votes Must Count in 2027 Elections, Warns Against Electoral Rigging

BREAKING: US Military Aircraft Drops Ammo in Borno, Other Northeastern States

El-Rufai Demands Clarification from NSA Over Alleged Thallium Sulphate Procurement

El-Rufai Alleges Uba Sani, Nuhu Ribadu Plotted His ‘Abduction’ Over DSS Airport Incident

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria

Exit mobile version