• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Entertainment

“I thought Portable Was A Rat Poison” -Goya Menor Declares

Both singers Continue their brawl, over The Headies best street award

by NewsOnline Nigeria
September 10, 2022
in Entertainment
0
"I thought Portable Was A Rat Poison" -Goya Menor Declares

Fast rising Nigerian singer and hype man Goya Menor, won the Headies Award for ‘Best Street Artiste’, however he was heavily criticised by controversial singer, Portable, who stated that he was not popular.

 

Newsonline recalls that Nigerian singer Portable who was nominated in the same category as Menor, before being disqualified over a threat he made to kill co-nominees in those categories and his claims of creating the notorious gang ‘One Million Boys’.

The controversial singer later apologised for the threat and quickly retracted his statement, claiming that the One Million Boys he referred to in the viral video are his fans and not any cult group.

However, Portable and Menor had been bashing each other on social media in the course of the week. Goya Menor, who won the Headies Award for ‘Best Street Artiste’, was heavily criticised by  singer, Portable, stating that he was not popular.

However, in an interview with Saturday Beats, Menor claimed that he did not know the singer, saying he thought the name was that of a rat poison. He said, “Porta what? Is that the name of a rat poison? I don’t think I have heard that name before in my life. As for other artistes in the same category with me, shout out to them all; especially those that congratulated me.”

On how he felt winning the award, the Menor said, “I felt good. At least, there was a high level of transparency. In less than a year of being in the music industry, winning the Headies is a big one for me.”

Asked if it is appropriate for artistes to use social media to express their dissatisfaction about issues that bother them, the rapper said, “Yes. That’s why it is called social media. That is where artistes, just like other celebrities, pass messages to their fans.”

READ ALSO: “Chris Brown Turned Down Fee For Monalisa Remix” – Lojay

Speaking on how he felt during his Headies performance, he said, “I was accepted 100 per cent. I give thanks to everyone present in that hall that day. When I was called upon as the winner in my category, the ovation I got was more than an ovation. The Headies Atlanta (United States of America) experience was a great one for me.”

On Wednesday, September 7, the ‘Ameno Amapiano’ singer took to his Instagram story to reply to the comments made by Portable.

According to the Menor, he cannot compare himself, who is a degree holder to someone who cannot locate their kindergarten results. He concluded by saying he has class as the ‘Street Hop holder.’

Previous Post

Amusan Pleased To Silence Doubters

Next Post

BBNaija 7: Sheggz Erstwhile Girlfriend Calls Him Out For Demestic Violence

Next Post

BBNaija 7: Sheggz Erstwhile Girlfriend Calls Him Out For Demestic Violence

Trending Stories

No Content Available

Latest Stories

Unity Bank–Providus Bank Merger on Track After Shareholders’ Approval, Meets CBN N200bn Capital Requirement

Zenith Bank Disowns ‘Wealth Bridge’ Investment Scheme, Warns Public Over Fake Jim Ovia Endorsement Video

“How FairMoney is Powering the Next Generation of Nigerian SMEs” By James Edeh

‘Ooni Planning Title For Igboho’ – Monarch Urges Tinubu to Release Nnamdi Kanu or Return Him to UK, Kenya

Nigeria Begins Ramadan 1447AH as NSCIA Confirms Crescent Moon, Christians Mark Ash Wednesday

NDPC Orders Investigation into Temu Over Alleged Nigeria Data Protection Act Violations

GTBank Launches Quick Airtime Loan at 2.95% via *737#, Offering Instant Airtime Credit Up to ₦10,000

“Nigeria Is Bleeding Under the Weight of Electoral Fraud” By Festus Edovia

El-Rufai Detained by EFCC Over N432bn Fraud, Faces Cybercrime Charges for ‘Bugging’ NSA Ribadu’s Phone

Lagos Govt to Deploy Surveillance Drones, Partners Air Force and Police to Boost Security

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria

Exit mobile version