ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

BREAKING: Patients on the run as NANS storm Abuja Hospital

NewsOnline Nigeria also observed the deployment of police officers in the Central Area of the Federal Capital Territory, where the hospital and the International Conference Centre are domiciled.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
December 1, 2023
in Crime Watch, Headline
0
NANS

Patients are currently on the run as NANS has stormed Abuja Hospital.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the warring factions of the National Association of Nigerian Students have stormed the National Hospital, Abuja on Friday, in protest over alleged delay by medical personnel in treating their colleagues who were injured during a NANS factional crisis earlier on Thursday.

 

This Nigeria news platform reports that several patients have been forced to flee their hospital wards and beds following the violent attack by the NANS factions.

 

ALSO: CBN Announces Date To Freeze All Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN

 

Meanwhile, police officers are currently at the hospital in a bid to restore law and order.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria also observed the deployment of police officers in the Central Area of the Federal Capital Territory, where the hospital and the International Conference Centre are domiciled.

 

Security sources who spoke to our correspondent on Friday said a fight had broken out between two NANS factions on Thursday leading to violent attacks that left some students injured and hospitalised.

 

The injured NANS members were later taken to the National Hospital for medical care.

It was, however, alleged that medical personnel did not adequately attend to the injured students, leading to the attack on the hospital on Friday.

Meanwhile, our correspondent gathered that, following credible intelligence, operatives of the Department of State Services on Thursday intercepted some NANS members and recovered two pump action guns and cartridges from them on their way to the convention.

 

Following the attack on the National Hospital on Friday, the major roads leading to the ICC and the National Hospital have been deserted, while the police have condoned off some sections of the highway.

 

When contacted for reaction over the development, the FCT Police Public Relations Officer, SP Josephine Adeh, asked to be allowed to make inquiries about the incident and get back to our correspondent.

 

“I’ll make my findings and get back to you, please,” Adeh said.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

BREAKING: CBN Announces Date To Freeze All Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN

Next Post

FG Promotes 32,361 NSCDC, Immigration Personnel, Others (FULL LIST)

Next Post

FG Promotes 32,361 NSCDC, Immigration Personnel, Others (FULL LIST)

Trending Stories

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

BREAKING: Patients on the run as NANS storm Abuja Hospital

Amaechi Declares 2027 Presidential Ambition Under ADC, Vows Not to Step Down For Atiku, Obi

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Latest Stories

FirstBank’s ₦1 Trillion Digital Loan Disbursement Milestone And The New Era Of Inclusive Lending In Nigeria

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Peter Obi Condemns Hike in International Passport Fees

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike as Group CEO, Bolaji Agbede Reverts to Executive Director Role

Zoho Unveils Proprietary Zia LLM, Expands AI Suite with Agents and Studio Tools

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria

Exit mobile version