ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 31, 2025
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Economy And Business

BREAKING: FG Begins ₦25,000 Conditional Cash Transfer To 25m Poor Nigerians

the Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Wale Edun, disclosed this while briefing State House Correspondents shortly after the National Economic Council meeting chaired by Vice President Kashim Shettima.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
November 1, 2024
in Economy And Business, Headline
0
BREAKING: EFCC Threatens To Arrest, Prosecute Tompolo Over Naira Abuse

FG said that it has credited ₦25,000 Conditional Cash Transfer to 25m Poor Nigerians.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Federal Government on Thursday said 25 million Nigerians have so far received the ₦25,000 conditional cash transfer.

 

This Nigeria news platform understands that the Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Wale Edun, disclosed this while briefing State House Correspondents shortly after the National Economic Council meeting chaired by Vice President Kashim Shettima.

 

ALSO: EFCC Prosecutes Former Governors, Ministers Over N4.92 Trillion Fraud (FULL LIST)

 

He enumerated the steps taken by President Bola Tinubu’s administration to provide relief for Nigerians following the sufferings occasioned by the removal of subsidies and other policy reforms being implemented by the government.

 

According to him, five million households have benefited from the direct transfer.

 

He also disclosed that in the last five days,  no fewer than 11,000 beneficiaries have received ₦3.5 billion from the consumer credit scheme.

He further said over ₦90 billion has so far been disbursed to half a million Nigerian students under the student loan scheme.

Flood

Meanwhile, NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the government revealed that no fewer than 321 Nigerians have lost their lives to the recent flood that ravaged most states of the country.

This was disclosed during the National Economic Council meeting chaired by Vice President Kashim Shettima at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

The deaths were recorded across 34 states of the federation.

Briefing State House correspondents after the meeting, Anambra State Governor, Professor Charles Soludo, said over 1.2 million people were displaced by the flood from their homes with over one million houses affected.

Soludo also noted that farmlands were washed away in the disasters.

He stated that the NEC also expressed sadness over the incident and urged that steps be taken to ameliorate the sufferings of those affected.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

BREAKING: EFCC Prosecutes Former Governors, Ministers Over N4.92 Trillion Fraud (FULL LIST)

Next Post

BREAKING: FG Orders Immediate Deposit Of Dollars Outside Banking System

Next Post

BREAKING: FG Orders Immediate Deposit Of Dollars Outside Banking System

Trending Stories

BREAKING: Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead, How Arase Died In Abuja Hospital

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Jason Benson Biography: OfficialJaceBen Music, Age, Genre, Wikipedia, Family

BREAKING: FG Begins ₦25,000 Conditional Cash Transfer To 25m Poor Nigerians

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

BREAKING: Speaker Abbas Orders Probe Into Alleged Unfair Recruitment in House of Reps

Watch Viral Baltasar Engonga Wife Sex Video With Another Man Here

Latest Stories

BREAKING: Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead, How Arase Died In Abuja Hospital

ADC: Police Launch Probe After Violence Erupts at Alleged El-Rufai Political Gathering

Shockwaves in Northern Politics: Kabiru Marafa, Allies Dump APC Over Injustice and Security Failures

Naira Rebounds on Oil Receipts, Diaspora Remittances, and FX Reforms – Budget Office DG

Naira Gains Slightly Against Dollar Amid Rising Diaspora Remittances and FX Inflows

BREAKING: Speaker Abbas Orders Probe Into Alleged Unfair Recruitment in House of Reps

U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Nigeria to Close September 1 for Labor Day

Cutix Q1 Profit Plunges 81% Amid Rising Input and Finance Costs

PadHer Secures $140,000 Grant to Scale Menstrual Health Education in Ghana

NDLEA Intercepts Over 500,000 Opioid Pills, Destroys 71.5-Hectare Cannabis Farm in Nationwide Raids

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria

Exit mobile version