Headline

BREAKING: Court Grants N10m Bail To Ex-Queen Naomi, Others

also granted bail are Oriyomi Hamzat, a broadcaster and CEO, Agidigbo Radio FM, Ibadan, and Abdullahi Fasasi, the school principal of Islamic High School.

The court has granted N10m bail to Ex-Queen Naomi among others.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that an Oyo State High Court in Ibadan has granted a former wife of Ooni of Ife, Naomi Silekunola, and two others, standing trial before it for alleged manslaughter, N10 million bail each.

 

This Nigeria news platform understands that also granted bail are Oriyomi Hamzat, a broadcaster and CEO, Agidigbo Radio FM, Ibadan, and Abdullahi Fasasi, the school principal of Islamic High School.

 

ALSO: Governor Makinde Presents Staff Of Office To New Alaafin Amid Controversy

The three defendants are facing trial for the deaths of 35 children during a stampede at a Christmas funfair programme on Dec. 18, 2024, at Islamic High School, Orita Basorun, Ibadan.

 

It would be recalled that the defendants were on Dec. 24, 2024, arraigned before an Iyaganku Magistrates’ Court on a four-count charge bordering on conspiracy, murder, negligent acts, and causing harm.

 

The defendants were subsequently remanded at Agodi Correctional Centre.

Counsel to the defendants subsequently filed applications for their bail at the state High Court.

 

Delivery ruling on the bail application, on Monday, Justice Kamorudeen Olawoyin admitted the ex-queen and her co-defendants to bail in the sum of N10 million each with two reliable sureties.

 

Olawoyin said that the Magistrate Court lacked jurisdiction to hear the case due to the murder charge contained in the charge sheet.

 

He said that there was no place for holding charge in the constitution and keeping them in custody would amount to infringement of their rights.

 

He said that the incident of the stampede was not a premeditated act, and so the defendants were entitled to bail.

The judge directed that the defendants must submit their international passports to the court and must not grant any press interview in print or social media during the trial. (NAN)

NewsOnline Nigeria

Recent Posts

  • Brands & Marketing
  • Featured
  • Tech

Google Unveils Gemini-Powered AI Advertising, Commerce Tools at Marketing Live 2026

Google has unveiled Gemini-Powered AI Advertising and Commerce Tools at Marketing Live 2026.   NewsOnline…

1 hour ago
  • Brands & Marketing
  • Tech

Beyond the vibe: Bridging Africa’s Build Divide with Intelligent Infrastructure

Africa has always found its own way around barriers. When fixed-line banking proved too slow…

1 hour ago
  • Education
  • Top Stories

JAMB Releases 279 Previously Withheld UTME Results After Malpractice Investigation

JAMB has released 279 previously withheld UTME Results after malpractice investigation.   NewsOnline Nigeria reports…

2 hours ago
  • Education
  • Headline

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Professor Segun Aina as New JAMB Registrar

President Tinubu has appointed Professor Segun Aina as New JAMB Registrar.   NewsOnline Nigeria reports…

2 hours ago
  • Featured
  • Health

Hantavirus Update Today — Latest Cases, Death Toll & Global Tracking

Hantavirus updates today, new cases, confirmed deaths, symptoms, affected countries, cruise ship outbreak developments, and…

14 hours ago
  • 2027 Election
  • Headline

BREAKING: Fubara Forced Out of Rivers APC Governorship Primary Amid Supremacy Battle With Wike

Fubara has reportedly been forced out of Rivers APC Governorship Primary amid supremacy battle with…

15 hours ago