ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 31, 2025
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Top Stories

US Government Suspends Processing Of Passport Applications With ‘X’ Gender Marker

Trump’s executive order says that all government agencies will ensure that official documents, including passports, visas and Global Entry cards, “accurately reflect the holder’s sex.”

by NewsOnline Nigeria
January 25, 2025
in Top Stories
0
US Government

The US Government has suspended the processing of passport applications with the ‘X’ gender marker.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the US State Department has suspended processing passport applications seeking the gender marker of “X” and will only process and issue passports for people identifying as male or female, according to a department spokesperson.

 

The move aligns with an executive order signed by President Donald Trump on Monday that says it is US government policy “to recognize two sexes, male and female” and that “these sexes are not changeable.”

 

ALSO: Putin Agrees To End War With Ukraine After Trump’s Warning

 

“In line with that Order, the Department’s issuance of U.S. passports will reflect the individual’s biological sex as defined in the Executive Order,” the spokesperson said Friday.

 

In addition to the suspension of processing the applications with the X marker, the State Department is no longer issuing US passports with this marker, the spokesperson said.

 

They said that “guidance regarding previously issued X sex marker passports is forthcoming.”

 

The Trump executive order reverses changes made under the Biden administration meant to accommodate non-binary, intersex and gender non-conforming persons. Beginning in April 2022, Americans had been able to select X as their gender marker.

 

The federal government will also shift from using the term “gender” to “sex,” and that sex is “an individual’s immutable biological classification,” a Trump administration official told reporters Monday.

 

Trump’s executive order says that all government agencies will ensure that official documents, including passports, visas and Global Entry cards, “accurately reflect the holder’s sex.” Employee records will also adhere to the executive order, as will federal departments’ messaging.

 

Trump promised on the campaign trail to ask Congress to stop the use of federal dollars to promote and pay for gender-affirming procedures. He has also said that his administration would not allow hospitals and health care providers to meet the federal health and safety standards for Medicaid and Medicare if they provide chemical or physical gender-affirming care to youth.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

BREAKING: Obasa Damns The Consequences, Declares Self Lagos Assembly Speaker

Next Post

Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Others Emerge Highest VAT Contributors For 2024 (FULL LIST)

Next Post

Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Others Emerge Highest VAT Contributors For 2024 (FULL LIST)

Trending Stories

BREAKING: Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead, How Arase Died In Abuja Hospital

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Jason Benson Biography: OfficialJaceBen Music, Age, Genre, Wikipedia, Family

US Government Suspends Processing Of Passport Applications With ‘X’ Gender Marker

BREAKING: Speaker Abbas Orders Probe Into Alleged Unfair Recruitment in House of Reps

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

Watch Viral Baltasar Engonga Wife Sex Video With Another Man Here

Latest Stories

BREAKING: Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead, How Arase Died In Abuja Hospital

ADC: Police Launch Probe After Violence Erupts at Alleged El-Rufai Political Gathering

Shockwaves in Northern Politics: Kabiru Marafa, Allies Dump APC Over Injustice and Security Failures

Naira Rebounds on Oil Receipts, Diaspora Remittances, and FX Reforms – Budget Office DG

Naira Gains Slightly Against Dollar Amid Rising Diaspora Remittances and FX Inflows

BREAKING: Speaker Abbas Orders Probe Into Alleged Unfair Recruitment in House of Reps

U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Nigeria to Close September 1 for Labor Day

Cutix Q1 Profit Plunges 81% Amid Rising Input and Finance Costs

PadHer Secures $140,000 Grant to Scale Menstrual Health Education in Ghana

NDLEA Intercepts Over 500,000 Opioid Pills, Destroys 71.5-Hectare Cannabis Farm in Nationwide Raids

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria

Exit mobile version