• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Friday, February 20, 2026
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Top Stories

Labour Dumps Negotiation Meeting With FG Over Ridiculous Minimum Wage Offer

Recall that after the zonal hearings on the new minimum wage, organized labour had adopted ₦615,000 as the proposed new minimum wage for Nigerian workers.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
May 15, 2024
in Top Stories
0
NLC

NLC

Labour dumped the negotiation meeting with FG over a ridiculous minimum wage offer.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the organized labour on Wednesday abandoned a meeting of the tripartite committee on new minimum wage due to the ‘ridiculous offer’ made by the federal government and the Organized Private Sector (OPS).

 

According to sources quoted by Vanguard, the government offered ₦48,000 while the OPS offered ₦54,000 as the new minimum wage.

The source added that the government did not also provide any data to back up its proposed figures.

 

ALSO: APC Suspends Senator Jimoh Ibrahim Over Anti-Party Activities

 

Recall that after the zonal hearings on the new minimum wage, organized labour had adopted ₦615,000 as the proposed new minimum wage for Nigerian workers.

In protest of the figure proposed by the government and OPS, the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress of Nigeria (TUC) walked out of the meeting which was held virtually.

 

A labour leader, who was part of the meeting, said the federal government was not serious about giving workers a living wage.

 

“What the government has presented to us is wage reduction. This government is not serious about giving workers a living wage,” the labour leader said.

During Wednesday’s meeting, the Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association (NECA), had earlier declared that the least worker in the private sector was paid ₦78,000.

 

After storming out of the meeting, the NLC and TUC have scheduled an emergency press briefing to present the federal government’s position to workers and their next line of action.

Previous Post

APC Suspends Senator Jimoh Ibrahim Over Anti-Party Activities

Next Post

Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Thursday, 16th May 2024

Next Post

Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Thursday, 16th May 2024

Trending Stories

No Content Available

Latest Stories

Apple Warns iPhone Users as iPhone 6s, SE, Older Models Added to Obsolete List

2027 Politics Heats Up as ‘Village Boys Movement’ Launches in Abuja, Backs Value-Based Leadership

BREAKING: DSS to Arraign El-Rufai Over Alleged Cybercrime, National Security Breach

Zoho Celebrates 30 Years, Reaches One Million Customers and 150 Million Users Worldwide

BREAKING: Tinubu Mounts Pressure On Alex Otti to Join APC, Obi To Step Down

King Charles III Backs Probe of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor After Arrest on 66th Birthday

ICPC Raids Former Governor Nasir El-Rufai’s Residence Amid Detention

BREAKING: Rivers South East Senator Mpigi Barinada Is Dead

BREAKING: Rivers Assembly Suspends Fubara Impeachment After Tinubu’s Intervention

Wema Bank Announces 2026 International Women’s Day Grand Event for March 4

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria

Exit mobile version