ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 31, 2025
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

President Tinubu resolves Ondo political logjam, pleads status quo be maintained

Sources at the meeting told NewsOnline Nigeria in Akure that the president directed that the status quo should be maintained.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
November 25, 2023
in Headline, Politics
0
Ondo political logjam

 President Tinubu has reportedly resolved the Ondo political logjam and pleaded status quo be maintained in the state.

 

Newsonline Nigeria reports that President Bola Tinubu met with all the gladiators behind closed doors for over six hours at the villa, Abuja.

 

This Nigeria news platform understands that those who attended the meeting included the National Chairman of the APC, Umar Gbanduje; embattled deputy Governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa; APC state Chairman, Ade Adetimehin; Speaker of the House of Assembly; Hon. Olamide Oladiji and Senator Jimoh Ibrahim.

 

READ ALSO: Wike reduces FCT C-of-O fee from N5 million to N3.5 million

 

Other include members of the House of Assembly; the Secretary to the Ondo State Government; Princess Oladunni Odu; the Governor’s aides including Dare Aragbaiye; Aminu Raimi; and the Governor’s son, Babajide Akeredolu.

 

Sources at the meeting told NewsOnline Nigeria in Akure that the president directed that the status quo should be maintained.

 

According to the source, “the President frowned at the move to declare Aiyedatiwa as acting Governor and warned that such must never happen in the state.

 

“President Tinubu directed that the deputy governor should go and resume work as deputy governor and not as acting governor.

 

“He also directed that the state executive council should remain intact ditto for the party exco, contrary to threats.

“The President went further to ask Aiyedatiwa to do a letter of undertaking and maintain peace in the state.

 

“Mr. President also appointed the SSG, Princess Oladunni, Party Chairman, Adetimehin and the Speaker of the House, Oladiji to monitor and report the deputy governor if he deviated from the resolution reached at the meeting.”

 

” The President also gave a matching order to the deputy governor to withdraw all cases instituted by him and his group in the court with immediate effect.

 

Newsonline Nigeri had earlier reported that 11 members of the House of Assembly had planned to hold plenary in the state to declare the deputy governor as acting governor until it was scuttled following the intervention of the President.

 

The lawmakers were alleged to have been infiltrated by some powerful forces outside the state who were pushing for Aiyedatiwa to be declared as the acting governor.

 

It was also learnt that the National chairman of the party, Ganduje, bought into the agreement until the intervention of the President.

 

The move was said to have been instigated by the deputy governor in the company of the national chairman of the party, Ganduje.

 

Meanwhile, a group, the Progressives Mandate Renewal (PMR) has hailed President Bola Tinubu over his intervention in the political crisis in the state.

 

The group said Tinubu has again proved himself as the leader of the people and a compassionate leader who appreciates loyalty.

 

Its coordinator, Samson Ogunyemi said Tinubu had humbled the arrogance and pride displayed by the Deputy Governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa’s group.

Ogunyemi in a statement, in Akure, said:” The target of the deputy governor’s group is to declare the governor incapacitated and oust the governor. They were fervently rooting for the governor to be disgraced out of office.

 

“While the meeting was going on, the deputy governor’s group was already jubilating on social media. They thought the outcome of the meeting would be in their Favour.

 

“This is a defeated expectation for the deputy governor and his group. Their wishes and expectations have been dashed and defeated. The people of the state can now see the true nature of the deputy governor.

 

“We are particularly happy that the President has ordered that the status quo must remain. This is the right step towards ensuring peace and understanding in the state.

 

“The resolution passed and the request by the President that Aiyedatiwa should sign a resignation letter undated, will tame his excesses and guide him into behaving proper.

“We will continue to appreciate President Tinubu and assure him of our commitment and undying support.”

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

FG begins construction of CNG conversion sites with Portland Gas Partnership

Next Post

NAF air strikes eliminate Boko Haram Commander, Abu Asad

Next Post

NAF air strikes eliminate Boko Haram Commander, Abu Asad

Trending Stories

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

President Tinubu resolves Ondo political logjam, pleads status quo be maintained

FirstBank’s ₦1 Trillion Digital Loan Disbursement Milestone And The New Era Of Inclusive Lending In Nigeria

Jason Benson Biography: OfficialJaceBen Music, Age, Genre, Wikipedia, Family

Jason Benson’s New Single “PRESSURE” Surpasses 4000 Streams in Just Days

Latest Stories

BREAKING: CAC Postpones Revised Service Fees to October 1, 2025

BREAKING: Police Service Commission Denies Commencement of 2025 Recruitment Process

Jason Benson Biography: OfficialJaceBen Music, Age, Genre, Wikipedia, Family

Jason Benson’s New Single “PRESSURE” Surpasses 4000 Streams in Just Days

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

FG Slams $80 Prepaid Customs Duty On Nigerians For Postal Shipments To U.S

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

FirstBank’s ₦1 Trillion Digital Loan Disbursement Milestone And The New Era Of Inclusive Lending In Nigeria

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria

Exit mobile version