ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

Philip Shaibu Fixes Date To Officially Declare 2024 Edo Governorship Ambition

Shaibu and his principal, Governor Godwin Obaseki, had earlier clashed over the former’s gubernatorial ambition.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
November 21, 2023
in Headline, Politics
0
Edo Governorship election

Philip Shaibu

Philip Shaibu has fixed the date to officially declare the 2024 Edo Governorship ambition.

 

Newsonline Nigeria reports that Edo State Deputy Governor, Comrade Philip Shaibu will next week formally declare his intention to contest the 2024 Edo State governorship election.

This Nigeria news platform recalls that Shaibu and his principal, Governor Godwin Obaseki, had earlier clashed over the former’s gubernatorial ambition.

 

SEE ALSO: Governor Alex Otti spends N927 million on refreshments, honorarium, others (FULL LIST)

 

Reports had emerged claiming that Obaseki, who is believed not to be disposed to his deputy taking over from him, is backing the chairman of the Board of Trustees, Alaghodaro Economic Summit Ltd/Gte, Dr. Asue Ighodalo, to succeed him.

 

However, Shaibu has been consulting and meeting with politicians and the media on his intention to contest, with the latest being his meeting with journalists in Abuja over the weekend. It was gathered that a similar meeting would be held in Lagos on Tuesday.

 

Speaking to The PUNCH on Monday, a close aide to Shaibu said, “If everything works according to his (Shaibu’s) plans, he will officially declare his intention next week.

 

“He has already secured a campaign office along Airport Road, some of the campaign vehicles have started arriving, and the consultations have reached an advanced stage.

 

“He has been endorsed by his kinsmen, and he has also met with several groups, including the media, in the last few weeks. He is ready for the race. All he needs to do is declare his intention next week, all things being equal.”

 

Speaking with journalists in Abuja on Saturday, Shaibu said he wanted to succeed Obaseki because “Edo people are in dire need of practical governance, and we cannot afford to experiment again with someone who does not understand the politics and needs of Edo State.”

 

He said, “Everywhere, including the international scene, people are clamoring that governments should not be pushing projects that are not needed. So, we need to do needs assessment. You cannot know the needs of the people when you don’t live with them. For me, competence and experience should be the watchword. Who is competent, more experienced, and who will hit the ground running from day one if he becomes governor? Are we going to experiment with a new person again, and the person will spend the first four years learning on the job and the next four years trying to embezzle and set up businesses in the name of consolidating on his first term?”

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Former President Buhari speaks on controversial Naira Redesign Policy

Next Post

National contradictions Tinubu must resolve in 2024

Next Post

National contradictions Tinubu must resolve in 2024

Trending Stories

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Philip Shaibu Fixes Date To Officially Declare 2024 Edo Governorship Ambition

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Latest Stories

BREAKING: CAC Postpones Revised Service Fees to October 1, 2025

BREAKING: Police Service Commission Denies Commencement of 2025 Recruitment Process

Jason Benson Biography: OfficialJaceBen Music, Age, Genre, Wikipedia, Family

Jason Benson’s New Single “PRESSURE” Surpasses 4000 Streams in Just Days

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

FG Slams $80 Prepaid Customs Duty On Nigerians For Postal Shipments To U.S

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

FirstBank’s ₦1 Trillion Digital Loan Disbursement Milestone And The New Era Of Inclusive Lending In Nigeria

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria

Exit mobile version