ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

Organ Harvesting: FG Hires Lawyers For Ekweremadu, Sends Strong Delegation To UK

Senate also sends delegation to UK government

by NewsOnline Nigeria
June 30, 2022
in Crime Watch, Headline
0
Ike Ekweremadu

Ike Ekweremadu

The Federal government has hired a team of lawyers for Senator Ike Ekweremadu, in the alleged organ harvesting and human trafficking case he is facing in the United Kingdom.

 

Newsonline reports that the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan disclosed this to lawmakers during a closed session on Wednesday.

 

Senator Ike Ekweremadu, former Deputy Senate President, and his wife Nwanneka, were arrested by the UK Metropolitan police over an alleged case of human trafficking and organ harvesting.

 

Lawan also disclosed to the senators that a  delegation from the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs would depart Nigeria for London on Friday (today) to pay a visit to the lawmaker and his wife who were arrested and charged with alleged conspiracy to harvest the organs of a child in the UK.

 

Lawan said a briefing received by the Nigerian High Commissioner to the UK, Ishola Sharafa, showed that the Nigerian Mission in London had extended consular services to Ekweremadu and his wife, including the engagement of lawyers who would defend them in court.

 

READ ALSO: Ike Ekweremadu: If Not Poverty, How Possible Is It For 15yrs Old To Donate Kidney – Catholic Priest

 

He said the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, had been engaged for necessary diplomatic support to Ekweremadu.

 

The senate president, Ahmad Lawan, further told the senators that “because this issue is already in court, we’ve limited opportunity to discuss beyond what we have done so far.

 

“But I want to ensure the family of our colleague, Ekweremadu, and Nigerians that the Senate will continue to engage with our ministry of foreign affairs as well as our High Commission in London.”

 

Commending the federal government and the leadership of the National Assembly, for the intervention in the Ekweremadu case, the former senator that represented Kaduna Central senatorial district, Shehu Sani, said, “Ekwerenmadu deserves all the necessary consular support he needs. The response of the NASS is in the right direction.”

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

BREAKING: Sultan Declares July 9 Eid al-Adha

Next Post

2023: Peter Obi A Movement, May Get 75-80 Percent Votes In Katsina, Kano – Buhari’s Ex-Aide

Next Post

2023: Peter Obi A Movement, May Get 75-80 Percent Votes In Katsina, Kano – Buhari’s Ex-Aide

Trending Stories

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Organ Harvesting: FG Hires Lawyers For Ekweremadu, Sends Strong Delegation To UK

Amaechi Declares 2027 Presidential Ambition Under ADC, Vows Not to Step Down For Atiku, Obi

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Latest Stories

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Peter Obi Condemns Hike in International Passport Fees

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike as Group CEO, Bolaji Agbede Reverts to Executive Director Role

Zoho Unveils Proprietary Zia LLM, Expands AI Suite with Agents and Studio Tools

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria

Exit mobile version