ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Monday, August 17, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Top Stories

Multichoice Extends Chairman Imtiaz Patel’s Tenure, See Why

to conclude Canal+ dealMultichoice Group said they have agreed to extend the tenure of the company’s Chairman, Imtiaz Patel for him to spearhead the conclusion of the ongoing buyout deal with French media conglomerate Groupe Canal+.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
April 2, 2024
in Top Stories
0
Multichoice

Multichoice has extended Chairman Imtiaz Patel’s Tenure to enable him to conclude the Canal+ deal.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Board of Multichoice Group said they have agreed to extend the tenure of the company’s Chairman, Imtiaz Patel for him to spearhead the conclusion of the ongoing buyout deal with French media conglomerate Groupe Canal+.

 

The owner of DStv had earlier in September last year announced that Patel would step down. Elias Masilela was set to take over as chair from 1 April 2024.

 

ALSO: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1ml/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins

 

However, in a notice issued to its shareholders on Tuesday, the company said Patel will remain as chairman until the completion of the ongoing Canal+ transaction, while Masilela, a long-standing non-executive director and the designated Chair, will become the Deputy Chair of the MultiChoice Board.

Citing the recent decision of the Takeover Regulation Panel as the reason, the Multichoice Board in the notice to shareholders said: “In view of the recent ruling by the Takeover Regulation Panel (“TRP”) that required Groupe Canal+ SA (“Canal+”) to make an immediate mandatory offer to all MultiChoice shareholders (“the transaction”) and the cautionary SENS notice issued on 5 March 2024 in this regard, the MultiChoice Board has reached an agreement with Mr Imtiaz Patel to remain on as Chair.

“The Board believes that there is significant benefit in continuity at this time and Mr Patel has agreed to extend his tenure until the conclusion of the Canal+ transaction or such sooner date as may be determined in light of progress on the transaction.

“Effective 1 April 2024, Mr. Elias Masilela, a long-standing non-executive director (NED) and the designated Chair, will become the Deputy Chair of the MultiChoice Board. He will also become Lead Independent Director (LID) in the place of Mr. Jim Volkwyn, who will be stepping down as LID but remain as a NED.

 

“The Board expresses its gratitude to Mr Patel for extending his tenure and to Mr Masilela for taking on the new roles on the Board. It also wishes to thank Mr Volkwyn for his service as LID and as the Chair of the Remuneration Committee – his dedication, leadership, and tireless efforts have been invaluable to the Company.”

 

Recall that earlier in March, South Africa’s Takeover Regulation Panel ruled that Vivendi SE’s Canal+ is obligated to make a mandatory offer for MultiChoice Group after augmenting its shareholding in the African pay-TV business to over 35%.

 

The ruling followed MultiChoice’s announcement on February 5, indicating that Canal+’s holdings surpassed the threshold stipulated by South African law, necessitating a mandatory offer to shareholders.

 

Before that, Canal+ had offered a $2.5 billion acquisition deal to MultiChoice, a Pan-African Pay-TV operator.

 

Canal+, led by French billionaire Vincent Bollore, proposed 105 rand per share in cash, presenting a 40% premium to MultiChoice’s recent closing price. This move aligns with Vivendi’s strategy to merge Canal+’s local operations with MultiChoice, creating a conglomerate with nearly 50 million subscribers.

 

MultiChoice, however, rejected the offer citing the undervaluation of the company at the proposed R105 per share. The rejection was communicated to shareholders, emphasizing MultiChoice’s resistance to the acquisition terms.

Previous Post

BREAKING: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1ml/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins

Next Post

“Ukachukwu Brothers Are The Most Fraudulent People I Have Seen In My Life” – Wike

Next Post
Ukachukwu Brothers

"Ukachukwu Brothers Are The Most Fraudulent People I Have Seen In My Life" - Wike

Trending Stories

Multichoice

Multichoice Extends Chairman Imtiaz Patel’s Tenure, See Why

2026 Osun Governorship Election

BREAKING: INEC Declares Adeleke Winner Of Osun Governorship Election

Adeleke

BREAKING: Adeleke Coasts To Victory In Osun Governorship Election (Live Results)

Osun Governorship Election Results

Osun Governorship Election 2026 Live Updates, Polling Unit Results and Latest News

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

Ademola Adeleke Biography

Ademola Adeleke Biography, Age, Wife, Children, Net Worth, Controversy

Sex Tape

President 50-Year Old Daughter’s Sex Tape Breaks The Internet (WATCH HERE)

Notti Osama Video Footage

WATCH Notti Osama Video Footage Of Death On Tiktok, Twitter, & Reddit

Balthazar Video Telegram

Direct Link To Watch All Baltasar Engonga 400 Videos With Government Officials Wives

Ifunanya Lawyer Leaked Video

Ifunanya Lawyer Leaked Video Goes Viral On Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, Youtube

Latest Stories

2026 Osun Governorship Election

How Adeleke Defeated APC Federal Might to Win 2026 Osun Governorship Election

2026 Osun Governorship Election

BREAKING: INEC Declares Adeleke Winner Of Osun Governorship Election

Adeleke

BREAKING: Adeleke Coasts To Victory In Osun Governorship Election (Live Results)

Osun Election Results

Osun Election Results 2026: Live Updates From 30 Local Government Areas

Osun Governorship Election Results

BREAKING: INEC Uploads 37% of Osun Governorship Election Results to IReV

Adeleke

Adeleke Demands Release of Osun PDP Chairman Sunday Bisi

Osun Governorship Election Results

Osun Election Results 2026: Live Polling Unit Updates as Vote Counting Begins

Governor Ademola Adeleke

BREAKING: Ademola Adeleke Coasts To Victory in Osun Governorship Election

Lesson360 Founder Ekweoba Arnold Chukwuebuka

Lesson360 Founder Ekweoba Arnold Chukwuebuka Receives 2026 Nelson Mandela Impact Makers Award

Osun Governorship Election Results

Osun Governorship Election 2026 Live Updates, Polling Unit Results and Latest News

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria