ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

Lagos Police Gives Fresh Update On Mohbad’s Autopsy Results

Stating that the investigation team had made some progress following the autopsy, the CP said the police had identified 26 witnesses, whose statements have been recorded for further probe.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
October 6, 2023
in Crime Watch, Top Stories
0
Mohbad’s Autopsy Results

Lagos Police has given a fresh update on Mohbad’s Autopsy Results.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Lagos State Police Command says the results of the autopsy conducted on late singer Ilerioluwa “Mohbad” Aloba are being awaited.

 

This Nigeria news platform understands that in a press briefing on Friday, the state police commissioner, Idowu Owohunwa, disclosed the progress in the ongoing investigation into Mohbad’s death following outrage over the mistreatment of the singer before his death.

 

ALSO: Police Sequence of Events Accounting For The Death of Mohbad [Full Text]

 

He recounted that the police commenced the investigation on September 21, in which the singer’s body was exhumed for autopsy and some specimens taken for toxicology examination.

 

“Prior to the uproar that greeted his death, which informed the launch of the homicide investigation, on September 21 2023, the corpse was exhumed, and on the same day at 16.00 CAT, an autopsy was conducted on the remains of the deceased, and vital specimens were taken and sent to the Lagos State DNA and Forensic Centre for toxicology examination, the reports are still being awaited,” he said.

 

He added that the police also waited for a report from the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) on the alleged detention of Mohbad in the agency’s custody.

 

“Also being awaited is the official response from the NDLEA on one of the viral videos containing allegations by the singer on his experience in the agency’s office sometime in October 2022,” Mr Owohunwa said.

 

Stating that the investigation team had made some progress following the autopsy, the CP said the police had identified 26 witnesses, whose statements have been recorded for further probe.

 

“Twenty-six vital witnesses, including the complainant, have so far been identified, interviewed, and statements recorded by detectives to aid the investigation,” he said.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Police Sequence of Events Accounting For The Death of Mohbad [Full Text]

Next Post

European Union Echoes Support For Tinubu’s Developmental Policies

Next Post

European Union Echoes Support For Tinubu’s Developmental Policies

Trending Stories

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Lagos Police Gives Fresh Update On Mohbad’s Autopsy Results

Amaechi Declares 2027 Presidential Ambition Under ADC, Vows Not to Step Down For Atiku, Obi

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Latest Stories

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Peter Obi Condemns Hike in International Passport Fees

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike as Group CEO, Bolaji Agbede Reverts to Executive Director Role

Zoho Unveils Proprietary Zia LLM, Expands AI Suite with Agents and Studio Tools

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria

Exit mobile version