• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

FG Speaks On Refusing To Evacuate Igbos In Sudan

Omayuli urged the general public to disregard the allegation, adding that Igbos were among the first batch of 637 Nigerians evacuated to Aswan Border, Egypt.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
May 3, 2023
in Headline, Crime Watch
0
Igbos In Sudan

FG has cleared the air on allegedly refusing to evacuate Igbos in Sudan.

 

NewsOnline reports that the Federal Government has debunked claims that the Nigerian Embassy in Khartoum, Sudan, refused to evacuate Igbo residents in Sudan.

 

A Nigerian in a viral video had alleged that Igbos were asked to alight from the flight for Nigerians of other extraction to enter the plane for evacuation.

 

ALSO: Presidential Election Tribunal Begins Hearing Of Petitions Monday

 

But the Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mrs. Francisca Omayuli said it has investigated the allegation and the report was false.

 

Omayuli urged the general public to disregard the allegation, adding that Igbos were among the first batch of 637 Nigerians evacuated to Aswan Border, Egypt.

 

She said they are presently awaiting their eventual return to Nigeria.

Omayuli noted that although there were scuffles between the students and other Nigerian residents due to the limited number of buses, the issue had been resolved.

 

“More buses were made available to accommodate every Nigerian national in Sudan who indicated interest to be evacuated.

 

“It is, therefore, surprising that such a misleading allegation could be leveled against officials of the Embassy who had worked tirelessly on the evacuation exercise,” she added.

Previous Post

Top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines, Naija News For Wednesday, 3rd May 2023

Next Post

CBN Places 7,552 Account Holders On BVN Watch List

Next Post

CBN Places 7,552 Account Holders On BVN Watch List

Trending Stories

No Content Available

Latest Stories

APC Sweeps Five of Six Chairmanship Seats in FCT Area Council Elections (FULL LIST)

Apple Warns iPhone Users as iPhone 6s, SE, Older Models Added to Obsolete List

2027 Politics Heats Up as ‘Village Boys Movement’ Launches in Abuja, Backs Value-Based Leadership

BREAKING: DSS to Arraign El-Rufai Over Alleged Cybercrime, National Security Breach

Zoho Celebrates 30 Years, Reaches One Million Customers and 150 Million Users Worldwide

BREAKING: Tinubu Mounts Pressure On Alex Otti to Join APC, Obi To Step Down

King Charles III Backs Probe of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor After Arrest on 66th Birthday

ICPC Raids Former Governor Nasir El-Rufai’s Residence Amid Detention

BREAKING: Rivers South East Senator Mpigi Barinada Is Dead

BREAKING: Rivers Assembly Suspends Fubara Impeachment After Tinubu’s Intervention

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria

Exit mobile version