FG Has Launched Passport Express Centre To Help Nigerians Get Passport In 3 Days.
NewsOnline Nigeria reports that President Muhammadu Buhari led Federal Government has launched an initiative that will enable Nigerians to get passports in a maximum of 72 hours of a successful application.
The Federal Government inaugurated the Nigeria Immigration Service Passport Express Centre, which is a partnership with the private sector to enable the government offer passport services to Nigerians and make passports available in a maximum of 72 hours of a successful application.
This was disclosed by the Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola in a social media statement after the inauguration in Abuja on Tuesday.
Today, I commissioned the Nigeria Immigration Service (@nigimmigration) Passport Express Centre, Maitama Abuja which is established in partnership with the private sector. It is a first of many more to be established and designed to offer specialized services to Nigerians. pic.twitter.com/eTyJ5MJmhp
— Rauf Aregbesola (@raufaregbesola) March 30, 2021
What the Minister is saying
- Every Nigerian has the right to a Nigerian passport and it is our responsibility to put it in the hands of anyone desirous of it within the shortest possible time, without stress. The passport should be available within a maximum of 72 hours of a successful application.
- It will also afford Nigerians the opportunity of getting their passports within 24hrs, at the high premium service, and 72hrs at the ordinary premium service, albeit with added value and a little bit of extra cost.
- A centre like this is necessary to reduce stress. Secondly, by minimising human contact, it eliminates the prospect of corruption.
The Minister added that the launch of the operation will offer Nigerians services of convenience and pleasure by taking away the hitherto stress in the conventional passport offices.
In case you missed it
- The Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, yesterday, declared Friday 2nd and Monday 5th April, Public Holidays to mark this year’s Easter Celebration.
- Earlier this month that the Federal Government, launched the Electronic Temporary Passport to cater for Nigerians desirous of returning home but whose national passport is not available.