ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

BREAKING: Tinubu Speaks on the Barbaric Murder Of Military Officers By Delta Youths

Tinubu described the killing of the army personnel as a wicked act, adding that any attack on them is a direct attack on the nation.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
March 17, 2024
in Crime Watch, Headline
0
Armed Forest Guards

Armed Forest Guards

President Tinubu has spoken on the barbaric murder of military officers by Delta youths.

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that President Bola Tinubu on Sunday condemned the attack on military officers in Delta State, on Thursday.

This Nigeria news platform understands that President Tinubu in his reaction to the incident vowed that those who were responsible for the killing of army personnel in Delta state would not go unpunished.

 

ALSO: Namecheap Suspends Private Website Selling Nigerians NIN, Other Data

NewsOnline Nigeria had earlier reported that some personnel of the Nigerian army — comprising a lieutenant colonel, two majors, one captain, and 12 soldiers — were killed by youths while on a peace mission at Okuoma, Bomadi LGA of Delta state.

 

In a statement signed by the president on Sunday, he said the chief of defence staff has been granted full authority to bring to justice anybody found to be responsible for the “unconscionable crime”.

 

Tinubu described the killing of the army personnel as a wicked act, adding that any attack on them is a direct attack on the nation.

 

He said, “As the Commander-in-Chief, I join all well-meaning Nigerians and the men and women of our armed forces to mourn and express my profound grief over the needless death of our gallant soldiers.

 

“I extend my profound condolences to the families of these fallen soldiers, their colleagues, and their loved ones. The military high command is already responding to this incident. The cowardly offenders responsible for this heinous crime will not go unpunished. This incident, once again, demonstrates the dangers faced by our servicemen and women in the line of duty. I salute their heroism, courage and uncommon grit and patriotism.

“As a nation, we must constantly remember and honour all those who have paid the ultimate price to keep our country safe, strong and united. The officers and men who died in Okuama community have joined the pantheon of great men and women who gave their all, with honour, in the service of our fatherland. Members of our armed forces are at the heart and the core of our nationhood. Any attack on them is a direct attack on our nation. We will not accept this wicked act.

 

“The Defence Headquarters and Chief of Defence Staff have been granted full authority to bring to justice anybody found to have been responsible for this unconscionable crime against the Nigerian people. My government will not relent until we achieve peace and tranquillity in every part of Nigeria.”

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Namecheap Suspends Private Website Selling Nigerians NIN, Other Data

Next Post

Senate President Akpabio Gets Fresh Ultimatum To Recall Ningi

Next Post

Senate President Akpabio Gets Fresh Ultimatum To Recall Ningi

Trending Stories

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

BREAKING: Tinubu Speaks on the Barbaric Murder Of Military Officers By Delta Youths

Amaechi Declares 2027 Presidential Ambition Under ADC, Vows Not to Step Down For Atiku, Obi

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Latest Stories

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Peter Obi Condemns Hike in International Passport Fees

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike as Group CEO, Bolaji Agbede Reverts to Executive Director Role

Zoho Unveils Proprietary Zia LLM, Expands AI Suite with Agents and Studio Tools

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria

Exit mobile version