ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Entertainment

Lagos Government Receives Mohbad’s Toxicology Result

the tests which were conducted in the United States, aim to provide clarity on the circumstances surrounding the singer’s untimely demise.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
April 25, 2024
in Entertainment, Headline
0
Mohbad’s Cause Of Death

Mohbad

 Lagos Government has reportedly received Mohbad’s toxicology result.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the toxicology tests to determine the cause of death of the popular Nigerian music star, Ilerioluwa Aloba, known professionally as Mohbad, have been completed, with results now forwarded to the Lagos State police.

 

This Nigeria news platform understands that the tests which were conducted in the United States, aim to provide clarity on the circumstances surrounding the singer’s untimely demise.

 

ALSO: FG Threatens Serious Action Against MultiChoice Over DSTV, GOTV Price Hike

 

Lagos State counsel, Oluwaseun Akinde, disclosed to the coroner’s court in Ikorodu last November that while the autopsy of the external body was concluded, the toxicology test, focusing on internal analysis, was pending at the time.

The recent completion of this test marks a significant advancement in the investigation.

 

An official from the Lagos State government, preferring to remain anonymous due to restrictions on public communications about the case, informed Punch that the toxicology results were received by the state’s DNA and Forensic Centre last week.

 

The results were then transmitted to the police earlier this week to assist with further investigations.

 

The source said, “The toxicology test is ready and given to the police. We projected 10 weeks from the outset but it came in before then. It was received by the DNA and Forensic Centre last week and has been sent to the police.”

 

A source in the Lagos State Police Command who also spoke on condition of anonymity as he was not permitted to speak to the press confirmed the receipt of the result.

 

The source said, “The toxicology report is with us. It arrived on Monday but it is medical jargon for us. We don’t understand what it is. So it has been sent to the pathologist that carried out the autopsy to analyse and interpret it.”

 

The Director of Lagos State DNA and Forensic Centre, Richard Somiari, on March 20, said that the toxicology result would be ready in the next three to four weeks.

 

Somiari, while testifying during a coroner’s inquest into the death of the singer, said, “We expected to get the first set of autopsy results in three to four weeks and re-confirm to authenticate the cause of the death.”

 

He said, “We searched for multiple possibilities, to check if poison was involved in the death of Mohbad since no actual cause was mentioned.”

 

The forensic expert assured the public of adequate security and monitoring of samples for the autopsy.

 

He said, “We have a place where items are stored for safety and security of results. There is a procedure for monitoring samples moved abroad.”

 

Mohbad died at the age of 27, on September 12, 2023, with circumstances surrounding his death sparking controversies on social media.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

BREAKING: FG Threatens Serious Action Against MultiChoice Over DSTV, GOTV Price Hike

Next Post

BREAKING: FG Orders Audit Of All Domestic Airlines In Nigeria

Next Post

BREAKING: FG Orders Audit Of All Domestic Airlines In Nigeria

Trending Stories

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Lagos Government Receives Mohbad’s Toxicology Result

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Latest Stories

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

FG Slams $80 Prepaid Customs Duty On Nigerians For Postal Shipments To U.S

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

FirstBank’s ₦1 Trillion Digital Loan Disbursement Milestone And The New Era Of Inclusive Lending In Nigeria

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria

Exit mobile version